- Degree Level
The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Graphic Designer will create a variety of print and electronic marketing pieces, including but not limited to fliers, brochures, advertisements, and website graphics. The Graphic Designer will also provide support to the educational goods and services department with on line learning initiatives, illustrations and layout of educational materials.
This position must have a creative flair, a strong visual sense with a commitment to upholding organizational brand strategies and confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include those listed below; other duties may be assigned, as needed.
• Understand the ISA mission statement and adhere to core values.
• Adheres to ISA policies and procedures to ensure consistent delivery of products and services to all customers.
• Manage graphic design projects by creating designs, paginating and producing sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts. Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
• Define standard elements of the ISA style guide and apply these standards to maintain consistent development and application of the ISA visual brand. Maintains brand integrity and consistency throughout portfolio.
• Develop graphics and layouts for marketing which includes company logos, and Internet websites, on a domestic and international basis.
• Develops and modifies illustrations for educational materials.
• Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
• Provide regular project status updates to ensure deadlines are met.
• Attend project-related and marketing team meetings to proactively asses the graphic design and printing needs of the department.
• Serve as the primary interface between ISA and printers and other vendors to obtain project bids and assess ability to meet deadlines.
• Work collaboratively to determine new methods for improving efficiency; seek continual process improvements.
• If individual has additional language skills, ISA will utilize these skills to coordinate translations of marketing materials, website content, and other ISA products as deemed necessary by the marketing department and others at ISA; serve as project manager to work with designers and printing vendors outside of the U.S.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Four-year degree in graphic design, visual communication design, or related area of study. Will consider relevant associate degrees with at least 2 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to write correspondence in a professional manner.
• Fluent in English, with additional language(s) preferred. If individual has additional language skills, must be willing to utilize these skills to assist in the support of non-English speaking members, credential holders and customers, when needed.
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format.
• Responsible for asking for more information or details when the task or project is unclear.
• Prioritize multiple projects and workflow, in order to meet project deadlines and satisfy the customer with the deliverable.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Customer service orientation with good communication skills to develop positive working relationships with peers and team members in a diverse environment.
• Knowledge of international printing standards and paper sizes preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
• Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
• This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• The position will not routinely require work outside of normal office hours, but from time-to-time overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology and Equipment
• This position will use a variety of software programs. The ideal candidate will have the following technical competencies:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office 2007 or 2003, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be an advanced user of the following software programs: Adobe InDesign; Adobe Photoshop; and, Adobe Illustrator.
ISA is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Atlanta, GA.