Grocery and Wellness Retail Specialist
- Experience Level
Grocery and Wellness managers and retailers: Do you have a passion for natural, organic, and sustainable food? Do you take pride in running great departments and coaching others on being successful retailers? Are you skilled at merchandising, category management and grocery and wellness retailing? How would you like to get paid to travel and provide retail support and technical assistance to independent, community-owned businesses?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) seeks an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for food and retail to grow sales and improve operations at food co-op grocery and wellness departments throughout the Western United States. Responsibilities include merchandizing, category management, margin execution, sales promotions, product resets, planning and executing new store or department openings, training, mentoring department level managers, providing operational guidance and expertise, financial monitoring, and more.
This is an ideal position for retail experts in grocery and wellness categories interested in having a direct impact on the success of food co-ops, their suppliers, and their communities. This position will be based in NCG's Portland, OR, office and requires up to 50% business travel. Relocation assistance is available!
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned purchasing and business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. NCG provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We are a group of passionate, intelligent, and disciplined people working to improve the food supply and grow the cooperative economy. NCG is well suited for talented individuals seeking to make a difference in our world through their work.
- A minimum of five years' management experience in retail grocery and or wellness operations
- High proficiency in product merchandising and display
- Strong product and category management skills
- Strong margin skills with a proven track record to meet and exceed goals
- High proficiency in profit and loss statement analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret sales and financial data
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to coach and mentor retail managers and staff
- Goal and results driven
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Experience developing and executing promotional programs
- Ability to develop strategic business programming to leverage consumer trends
- Practical understanding of purchasing/negotiating concepts, practices, and procedures preferred
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods and industry trends preferred
Our people are our assets, we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Located in the dynamic Albina and King District in NE Portland
3934 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd | Portland, OR 97212
Accessible to many modes of public transportation including bus, light rail and trolley
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply by: July 31, 2019
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Portland
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Portland
- Education / Teaching Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Portland
- Food Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Portland
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Portland