Senior Financial Analyst (School of Medicine, Fiscal Affairs)
- Degree Level
The Fiscal Affairs department has accounting oversight over all of School of Medicine department and units and is responsible for all external and internal financial reporting. The School of Medicine is the largest school within Emory University and has a focus on the tripartite mission which includes education, research, and clinical. This position will be reporting to the Controller.
- Coordinates major financial reporting and budgeting activities.
- Communicate and present regularly with high level School of Medicine and department leadership.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and reporting requirements including GAAP.
- Coordinates the correction of account balances, resolves funding issues and maintains proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Makes recommendations to management related to long-range financial and cash flow analyses.
- Prepares and analyzes statistical and financial reports, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Assist in preparing, developing and monitoring department/organizational budgets.
- Maintain gift and endowment agreements, policies and guidelines; coordinate gift and endowment reporting requirements; review fit funding source compliance.
- Perform indirect cost analysis.
- Train and mentor staff members.
- Daily advanced use of Excel functionality with large data sets from multiple sources.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field and six years of financial analyst or accounting experience, OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- CPA experience in non-profit or higher education industry.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Experience using Oracle PeopleSoft, and Axiom.