Facility Rental Sales Manager
6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Facility Rental Sales Manager
Reports To: Director, Facility Rentals
The Sales Manager is responsible for revenue production for the Conservancy through established account management, outside sales calls, networking, prospecting and responding to sales leads. General and multifaceted support of the Conservancy Facility Rental Program, including the required administrative support of prospects, clients and planned events. Maintain our sales communication outreach methods in conjunction with our Marketing Department, including website, sales packets, networking events and any emerging sources. Actively promote a positive word-of mouth about our program on a daily basis, via phone calls, emails, tours of our venues and at off-site meetings. Hours vary with some night/week-end work required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
On a consistent basis, work successfully with potential and existing clients, all event planners, DMC’s, event staff, security personnel, catering and vendor personnel, City officials and the Conservancy staff to:
- Prospect for new opportunities and accounts in the corporate, collegiate, non-profit, film, experiential marketing, city permitted festivals, fun runs, assemblies and large gathering events.
- Conduct site visits and respond to sales inquiries, leads and walk in prospects, setting appointments for specified market segments.
- Convey rental rates, beverage package pricing, venue capabilities, date availability, with the goal of meeting both the client’s needs and financial goals of the department and Conservancy.
- Know the principal competition for each market segment and take advantage of the park’s venue strengths.
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Assist the Director to organize and keep up with changes needed in all facets of the program
- Oversee new contract development and issuance, and update internal sales software and calendars accordingly.
- Maintain a connection with each client through periodic outreach and manage final rental and beverage addendums.
- Attend final walk through meetings and review details to make sure specifics are accurately noted for final event clipboard.
- Visit client event as needed to ensure quality of guest experience and maintain a continued successful relationship.
- Perform other miscellaneous correspondence and job related duties, including department team support, as needed.
- Review City permitted event applications and respond with issues and concerns regarding Conservancy booked events.
- Review City permitted Film applications and respond with concerns, venue rental information, and request for park impact fees, where appropriate.
- As needed, represent Facility Rentals at scheduled City events meetings for logistics coordination.
- Attend monthly Operations staff meetings to communicate activities of Facility Rentals.
- Assist all departments with internal special events.
- Work with Marketing Department to oversee website changes and social media content regarding Facility Rentals.
- Assist Director with annual budget planning.
- Assist in management of department Sales & Service Coordinator, and event managers as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of two years of college education is required, plus two years of hospitality sales/event experience.
OTHER SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Possess strong attention to detail, along with a persistent desire to secure and qualify additional business.
- A positive, service oriented attitude and appearance.
- Possess a good attendance record.
- Ability to interface successfully with various types of people.
- Proficient computer skills with MSOffice, Excel and related Windows based programs.
- Knowledge of Gather event software a plus, but not required.
Active involvement with booked events will require a certain amount of stamina and mobility, ie:
- Standing for long periods of time @ events and limited lifting or moving of supplies.
- Able to safely lift up to 30 lbs (case of supplies, or alcohol).
- Working varied hours to accommodate event scheduling.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
A successful completion of the position responsibilities will allow for a smooth handling of all activities surrounding scheduled events in the Park, be they Conservancy contracted or City permitted. In addition, the successful support of the Facility Rental Director will contribute toward attaining the revenue and expense goals for the department and the Conservancy.