TechSF Outreach Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
We’re looking for an Outreach Coordinator for TechSF!
What will you do? JVS builds skills to enable our clients to find jobs in high demand fields. This initiative to help people explore career paths in technology enables us to serve a large number of clients. If you love to be a connector, are inspired by tech and the future of work, and have a social justice mindset, then this is an exciting opportunity for you! You will play a key role in convening the local TechSF training providers with the ultimate goal of making the system easier to navigate for participants and create a “Community of Learning.” This is an opportunity to work at the intersection of public and private sectors to cultivate more career opportunities for local residents of the San Francisco Bay Area.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Strong, creative social media skills; including ability to write engaging and timely social media posts for such channels as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills as well as teaching experience
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage priorities, meet deliverables/deadlines
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Ability to maintain confidential information and detailed records
- Strong computer proficiency: MS office suite and relational databases such as Salesforce
- Two years of experience in a successful community outreach, recruitment or coordination role
It would also be great if you have:
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual ability; particularly in Spanish/English
- Familiarity with Wordpress, MailChimp, FormSite, Full Slate, Google Drive and Classroom
- Familiarity with Bay Area non-profit organizations and/or ties to Bay Area technology industry
- Experience designing and implementing email campaigns
- Experience collaborating with other training providers, community partners
- Experience Sourcing/recruitment for program participants
- Experience with job coaching, client support
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume; please use Tech SF Outreach Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodation or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
Are there benefits? We offer generous benefits, including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, four weeks of vacation plus sick leave, most federal and Jewish holidays.
Salary Range: 55k – 59K, non-exempt (overtime eligible)
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.