National - Director of Proposal Management (Oakland)
- Position Type
- Full Time
National - Director of Proposal Management (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a national nonprofit that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, students access academic, financial, and social-emotional support along with one-on-one coaching, career exposure, and other holistic growth opportunities. Our uniquely seamless, 10-year commitment to students and individualized approach are the keys to our ongoing transformative impact: College Track students graduate from four-year colleges at double the rate of their low-income and first-generation peers; and, five years after graduation, 87% of alumni earn more than their parents.
Over more than 20 years, College Track has grown from a cohort of 25 students in a single East Palo Alto center to a network of 10 College Track centers across California, Colorado, New Orleans, and the D.C. Metro Area that now serve more than 3,200 students. With a disciplined approach to growth, we have increased the number of students we serve and continuously improved the quality and impact of the services we provide. By 2020, College Track will empower more than 3,650 students as they pursue four-year college degrees and celebrate 750 alumni rising in the workforce as models to their families, friends, and communities.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
* COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
* PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
* JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
* AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
* EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director of Proposals plays a critical role in enabling College Track to raise more than $40m annually by 2024. Responsible for leading our proposal strategy, the Director of Proposals will lead a team of grant writers to develop authentic, persuasive, compelling, and inspiring proposals and reports that secure funding from foundations, corporations, individual philanthropists, and government organizations. Additionally, the Director of Proposals will own responsibility for articulating the unique value of College Track to external funder audiences through the development of a Case for Support, Vision for Impact, and other high-leveraged communication tools.
The Director of Proposals responsibilities include:
* Lead the organization’s proposal strategy, growing the ability of the proposal team to write all funding proposals and reports.
* Design and implement a proposal tracking system that enables collaboration between regions and proposal team.
* Lead the development of high-impact proposals and fundraising tools, including Cases for Support and the organization’s Vision for Impact.
* Directly manage a team of two grant writers
* Collaborate with the Director of Development Operations to ensure Salesforce can be used to manage a growing proposal pipeline that supports multiple regions.
* Lead the proposal team to engage in the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations, corporations, individuals and government entities.
* Lead the proposal team to collaborate with College Track national departments—Finance, Organizational Performance, Program, and Human Resources—to gather information necessary to report to current funders.
* Ensure the proposal team complies with grant report and proposal requirements, utilizing templates and providing mandatory information in a persuasive, thoughtful, sophisticated writing style.
* Build and maintain a knowledge sharing system capable of maximizing the development team’s collective grant proposals and reports.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of College Track history and programming across all regions to create clear, concise, and compelling reports and proposals.
* Compile and manage excellent historical and prospective data to effectively prioritize work; Salesforce experience is highly preferred.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Director of Proposals must embrace College Track’s vision for transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms.
Additionally, candidates must posses the following qualifications:
* Minimum of 7-10 years experience writing proposals, grants and program reports, with a proven track record of raising money from foundation, corporation, and government sources; experience writing for multiple regions is preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to create and implement a system to support a team’s ability to meet proposal writing outcomes.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; highest priority is the ability to write clear, concise, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals/reports; in essence, highly sophisticated writing skills required.
* Exceptional ability to monitor and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
* Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs; Salesforce experience preferred.
* Understanding of budgeting process, with the ability to create compelling narratives based on the organization’s financial data.
* Strong interpersonal and process management skills, with a strong interest in and talent for working on teams.
* Undergraduate degree in communications, English, writing, or similar field.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.