5 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Receptionist at its national headquarters conveniently located in downtown Bethesda, Maryland.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Responsible for coordinating the Foundation’s Front Desk at the Bethesda Office. Duties include answering phones using Skype for Business, transferring calls to the appropriate party, utilizing superior customer service to greet and sign in all visitors to the Foundation, receiving all deliveries, and performing additional administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answering skype for business- Responsible for answering all incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner and transferring callers to the appropriate party. Assisting caller and taking messages if necessary.
- Greeting visitors- Greet visitors per HIPAA regulations by issuing visitors badges and contacting the appropriate party upon their arrival.
- Packages- Log all incoming packages (UPS, Federal Express, Certified Mail, etc.), contact the recipient of the delivery and ensure recipient signs for each package when picking it up.
- Front Desk Operations Manual and phone lists- Produce and update of the front desk manual. Update and distribute National Office phone and department directories.
- Couriers- Contact couriers for pick-ups/deliveries. Handle all miscellaneous deliveries (ex. Food deliveries for meetings, First Federal, ADP, etc.)
- Transportation- Requesting an Uber from the foundation account or car company as needed. Notify appropriate parties when transportation arrives.
- Process general invoices relating to the maintenance and overall function of the facility, e.g.,UPS, Federal Express, Guernsey, Peapod, postage machine etc. in a timely manner , 4-5 business days. Responsible for maintaining all back up or records relating to these invoices. Attention to detail, organization and accuracy are required.
- Facility- Contact building or use building website to input various facility issues (upon request). Process check requests for general invoices relating to the maintenance and overall function of the facility. Create inner office memos regarding facility.
- lssue and distribute monthly parking passes for the Waverly Garage. Maintain county parking list and building parking list of the foundation.
- Assist Facilities Coordinator in the healthy snack initiative. This includes but is not limited to being the second point of contact for ordering and distribution.
- Customer Service and confidentiality- Exhibit strong customer service skills and maintain HIPAA confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One-year receptionist experience preferred
- College degree required.
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate in both Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge of reception-type call systems.
- Excellent communication skills to answer calls effectively and greet visitors. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with callers, employees, and visitors.
- Initiative, follow-through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions. Include appropriate people in decision-making process; and ensure that timely decisions are made.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and keep organized.
- Ability to do light administrative duties with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to sit and answer telephones for one hundred percent of their time. Ability to reach or bend for filing or other needs.
- Ability to physically lift, push and move up to ten pounds.
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package.