Director, Stewardship (NAT3379)
- Experience Level
FLEXIBLE-SOCIETY OFFICE BASED
Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated by acheiving goals and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Join our dynamic team.
Do life changing work.
As the Director of Stewardship you are responsible for designing and leading an organization-wide comprehensive stewardship program that will increase donor retention and investment by ensuring donors are properly acknowledged and recognized for their generosity and have confidence that their contributions are having the impact they desire on the lives of people affected by MS.
Drawing upon a keen understanding of industry best practices and trends, and a strong personal ability to influence and implement plans in a dynamic and collaborative environment, you will innovate meaningful, customized, high-quality and consistent stewardship strategies for Society donors at all levels.
An essential member of the Individual Giving Donor Experience team, you will play a vital role in the success of Society fundraising revenue growth by optimizing Society cross-functional gift acceptance and donor acknowledgment procedures for donors at all levels, and designing meaningful recognition opportunities and high-touch impact reporting and correspondence strategies for annual and major donors.
Strategic and Operational Direction of Stewardship Program (40 %)
- Leverage industry knowledge and influencing skills to design and implement a comprehensive stewardship strategy and corresponding annual plans for all Society donors, with a focus on annual and major donors
- Innovate the Society's existing giving level and recognition benefit model to inspire deepened engagement and investment across all levels of giving
- Develop best practices for the execution of donor engagement staff stewardship moves and establish policies, systems and procedures for tracking workflow and interactions within CRM in a timely manner
- Consult with volunteers and implement other unique donor surveying approaches to proactively collect, monitor and manage the stewardship needs of donors and develop tracking methods for reporting of overall stewardship productivity
Collaborate with Society Leadership and other staff to ensure effective stewardship of donors (40%)
- Lead collaboration with executive leaders, Operations, Finance, Marketing, Technology, Community Leadership and Development to establish, monitor, and improve the Society's approaches to stewardship, including processes involved in the execution of gift acknowledgements and reporting.
- Partner with Major Gift Officers to develop and implement a reporting and recognition program for major donors with a deep focus on understanding personal motivations to inform customized stewardship strategies
- Partner with the AVP of Mid-Level Giving in the planning and execution of strategies for recognizing annual donors and inspiring their deepened engagement
- Work with Donor Experience colleagues and Marketing to enhance and innovate timely, creative, consistent and donor-centric stewardship communications and engagement opportunities designed to improve donor confidence and retention
Fiscal Responsibility (20%)
- Meet or exceed agreed upon key stewardship activity metric goals and have comfort with monthly and quarterly measurement toward these goals
- Analyze retention trends to assess results and implement strategic changes to stewardship plan accordingly
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6 years of proven success implementing donor engagement, moves management and stewardship plans in a mission-based organization
- Proven ability to think strategically and influence others
- Record of effective relationship development, collaboration and negotiation with a wide variety of positions and personalities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and execute business processes and communications strategies.
- Superior use of a variety of communication skills including written and verbal, both in person and by telephone, email and presentations.
- Experience managing or assisting in the management of development staff
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Commitment to data-entry and record-keeping as a cornerstone to delivering data-driven results
- Familiarity with mobile and digital technology, including social media, and how it can be leveraged to steward gifts
- Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of multiple sclerosis and be thoroughly familiar with the Society's programs, initiatives, and funding needs.
- Experience with Salesforce (preferred) or equivalent CRM database. Strong computer skills: MS Office XP -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database/Reporting tools, Outlook and Internet. Ability to use GoToMeeting and lead web-based presentations.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support events
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in New York City
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in New York City
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in New York City
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in New York City