Manager of Funds Development
- Experience Level
Job Title: Manager of Funds Development
Department: Development and Communications
Reports to: CA Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: San Mateo/San Carlos, CA
One Step Beyond, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and a Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disability (DES/DDD) Licensed and CA Golden Gate Regional Center (GGRC), Contracted Provider Agency. Our Vision is a world in which individuals who have intellectual disability are fully included in all aspects of community life and are appreciated for the contributions they can make to their community. Our Mission is to provide dynamic responsive programs that engage the goals, talents, and interests of individuals who have intellectual disability and empower them to achieve their dreams of optimal independence, enriching social networks, and effective participation in our community. We offer programs in employment development, and placement; life skills training, focusing on social skill development, functional literacy, and independent living skills; recreation and fitness, and cultural arts opportunities.
The Manager of Funds Development will report directly to the California Executive Director, and work closely with the Executive Team (CEO,CFO), Board Development Committee, and Development and Communications Staff to develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy for One Step Beyond Disability Services in California that aligns with goals and objectives for fund development within the One Step Beyond, Inc. Strategic Plan.
To execute this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The director will be required to follow other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree; Non-Profit Management or related degree
Experience on a non-profit fund development team, for-profit sales team or equivalent experience
- Develop and manage Philanthropic Development budget in collaboration with the CFO, CA Executive Director, and Executive Team
- Develop a strategic plan in alignment with the OSBI Strategic Plan to develop Philanthropic support for CA programs and services
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications team to insure consistent OSBI branding in communication products and outreach and alignment of philanthropic development goals and objectives
- Execute donor outreach and cultivation to meet and exceed philanthropic development goals
- Provide timely reports of Philanthropic outreach and results consistent with performance goals and objectives to CA ED, Executive Team, and the Board of Directors
- Project a professional, knowledgeable, and capable image consistent with the One Step Beyond mission in public interactions and serve as the primary spokesperson and representative for One Step Beyond in California.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors, corporations and foundations
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Handle difficult situations with a positive attitude and effectively and
creatively resolve conflicts and solve problems
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships both within and external to OSBI
Leadership and Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with CA Executive Director to develop and implement strategic plans to meet or exceed philanthropic development goals
- Collaborate with CA Executive Director, CEO, and AZ Development and Communications Team to provide a consistent and effective philanthropic development and communications message for donor outreach and development of other philanthropic revenue sources
- Inspire the trust and respect of the Executive Team and Board of Directors by exhibiting exceptional interpersonal, collaborative and leadership skills.
- Seek outside resources to grow in personal knowledge and awareness of growing trends and best practices to meet or exceed philanthropic development goals and raise awareness of One Step Beyond in California.
- Continuously evaluate outreach effectiveness and implement improvements and adjustments to development strategies.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with and learn from the Executive Team, colleagues, and others internal and external to OSBI to achieve a goals set forth in the strategic plan.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of strengths and challenges and implement strategies to enhance strengths and address challenges.