- Experience Level
Rafiki Coalition’s mission is to eliminate inequalities in San Francisco’s Black and marginalized communities through education, advocacy, and by providing holistic health and wellness services in a culturally affirming environment.
Rafiki Coalition strives to achieve its focus by providing health and wellness services including, but not limited to, health education, movement classes, health screenings, advocacy, transitional housing and case management services for people living with HIV/AIDS, trauma resiliency and mental health circles, and other health-promoting activities.
We dare to dream of a vibrant, healthy San Francisco, where health disparities among Black and marginalized communities have been eliminated and HIV/AIDS is a disease of the distant past. We affirm an informed, educated, healed, resilient, happy, united, productive, committed, respectful, empowered, mobilized and engaged community, where life is valued and the diversity of the African Diaspora is celebrated.
Our holistic, integrated approach to wellness makes us a unique resource for San Francisco’s underserved communities.
The scope of work for the Case Manager position includes these key categories: (1) Case Management, (2) health education and group facilitation, (3) Brandy Moore House contract implementation and monitoring support, and (4) site-specific coordination activities.
Under supervision of the Program Manager - HIV Prevention and Client Care (“Program Manager”), the Case Manager provides comprehensive strengths-based medical case management services for persons who are homeless or marginally-housed and HIV-positive. Additional duties include facilitation of weekly program-related group support and health-education meetings, as well as monthly contract monitoring support and site-specific coordination activities as assigned by the Program Manager.
• Participate in screening interviews with applicants seeking admission to programs and services.
• Provide house orientation to accepted participants
• Provide individualized case management services and crisis intervention to all program participants.
• Collaborate with clients to develop care plans within a timely manner while coordinating client access to community resources, such as behavioral health services, credit counseling, employment, benefits, and other relevant services.
• Coordinate and monitor service delivery, including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to their care plan.
• Assess and evaluate effectiveness of the care plan and progress made by participants; participate in client care review with client care providers as needed.
• Identify and provide emergency crisis services as necessary and, with consultation from Program Manager and Director of Programs; make immediate assessment and respond according to standard crisis intervention protocols; coordinate other serves as appropriate.
• Document all client encounters and contacts made on behalf of clients; complete and submit billing documentation as appropriate; maintain accurate and organized client files, which may include documents held for safekeeping on behalf of the client.
• Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding programs and client services.
• Co-facilitate weekly program-related group meetings; including assisting with note-taking, set-up and take down duties.
• Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties as directed by the Program Manager, Director of Programs or Executive Director in support of the mission, goals, and objectives of the program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA or MA in related discipline required or must have 2-3 years of verifiable case management and/or outreach experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Knowledge of community HIV care and supportive services in San Francisco.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally and socioeconomically diverse individuals
• Experience working within the fields of dual-diagnosis, mental health, and/or substance abuse including harm reduction modalities.
• Experience working in residential treatment or transitional housing a plus.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent data entry skills.
• Experience working in nonprofit or public sector strongly preferred.
• Group facilitation experience and interest preferred.
Rafiki Coalition does not exclude, deny services to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, pregnancy, veteran status or disability in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment therein, whether carried out by Rafiki Coalition directly or through a contractor or any other entity with whom the agency arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
More searches like this
- Education / Teaching Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco