WELLNESS PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
4 days left
- Experience Level
Rafiki Coalition’s mission is to eliminate inequalities in San Francisco’s Black and marginalized communities through education, advocacy, and by providing holistic health and wellness services in a culturally affirming environment.
Rafiki Coalition strives to achieve its focus by providing health and wellness services including, but not limited to, health education, movement classes, health screenings, advocacy, transitional housing and case management services for people living with HIV/AIDS, trauma resiliency and mental health circles, and other health-promoting activities.
We dare to dream of a vibrant, healthy San Francisco, where health disparities among Black and marginalized communities have been eliminated and HIV/AIDS is a disease of the distant past. We affirm an informed, educated, healed, resilient, happy, united, productive, committed, respectful, empowered, mobilized and engaged community, where life is valued and the diversity of the African Diaspora is celebrated.
Our holistic, integrated approach to wellness makes us a unique resource for San Francisco’s underserved communities.
The scope of work for the Wellness Programs Coordinator position includes these key categories: (1) data collection, (2) client coaching and support, (3) program outreach and marketing, and (4) facilitation and programs supervision. Under the supervision of the Wellness Programs Manager, the Wellness Programs Coordinator builds and maintains a wellness coaching relationship with the Rafiki Wellness Programs participants and assists them through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement and education The Wellness Programs Coordinator also leads in the support of the day-to-day administrative and logistical support activities of the First Saturday Events, the Rafiki Wellness Passport Program, some aspects of the annual Health and Healing Summit, and other designated Wellness programs. The Wellness Program Coordinator will also lend some oversight of the agency’s wellness and nutrition contracts. The Wellness Programs Coordinator acts as a primary point of contact for both internal and external constituencies; assists the Wellness Programs Manager as needed, in communicating with constituents; and handles multiple incoming issues and concerns related to Wellness contracts.
The Wellness Programs Coordinator will provide program logistics and administrative support for Rafiki Wellness programs in these areas, including but not limited to:
Rafiki Coalition Wellness Programs
• Provide onsite support to Rafiki Wellness Programs and participants in order to help them identify a need for behavior change to improve health status, reduce health risks and improve quality of life.
• Follow-up with program participants to ensure that wellness program engagement has been achieved and assess future educational and/or program referral needs. Accurately document interaction and interventions.
• Enter data (e.g., activities and demographics) and monitor the programs using the Rafiki Wellness Passport Program dashboards (i.e., metrics databases). Produce monthly reports in order to monitor individual and overall program progress in achieving goals.
• Provide professional administrative and logistical support to the Wellness Programs Manager.
• Answer calls, provide information, take messages and represent the agency to callers.
• Generate correspondence as needed. Perform accurate word processing and budget monitoring.
• Develop and maintain meeting minutes, meeting notes and work binders/notebooks that relate to Wellness Programming.
• Set up and maintain manual and electronic filing systems.
• Complete monthly Unit of Service reporting
• Procuring of practitioner invoices and creation of payment vouchers
• Maintain relationships and negotiations with vendors and practitioners to the wellness programs
• Scheduling of vendors and practitioners for Wellness programs along
• Project lead for Rafiki Coalition’s Passport to Wellness Program.
First Saturday Health Party for the Community
• The Wellness Coordinator is expected to oversee all aspects of the event and enlist assistance and support when needed from the Wellness Program Manager.
• Provide logistical support, marketing, data tracking
• Provide oversight of administrative tasks and substantial event planning related to monthly event,
• Provide oversight of the nutrition portion of the event including negotiating with Chefs for the event
• Assign staff members and volunteers for roles during the event. Other Programs tasks:
• Create and maintain all marketing materials and flyers related to programming.
• Partner with and support the Patient Navigation and Wellness Clinic teams.
• Provide client coaching and support.
• Grow to providing formal and ad-hoc trainings as required to clients, partners and fellow staff.
• Reporting and summaries tasked as needed.
• Coordinate and schedule volunteers for Wellness events, focus groups, mailings and other Wellness activities.
• Coordinate mass communications and mailings with staff, including preparation, emailing and or copying and postage.
• Support the design and implementation of the agency’s participation in community health fairs.
• Report out on meetings on a regular basis with community partners and other related business partners when assigned as the agency’s representative.
In addition, the Programs Coordinator will perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties as directed by the Wellness Program Manager, Director of Programs and/or Executive Director in support of the mission, goals and objectives of the agency.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 3-5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or outlined in the associated contracts. Experience in holistic/wellness practices is a plus.
• Computer literate, including Microsoft software (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Sensitivity to the realities of health disparities, specifically in the Black community.
• Experience working with a diverse staff and constituencies.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Sense of humor and developed emotional intelligence.
Rafiki Coalition does not exclude, deny services to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, pregnancy, veteran status or disability in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits of any of its programs and activities or in employment therein, whether carried out by Rafiki Coalition directly or through a contractor or any other entity with whom the agency arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco