- Experience Level
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
- Compassion: Committed to caring, dignity and kindness
- Respect: Honor each individual and provide highly ethical services
- Progress: Leading the way in creating opportunities to change for the better
- Resilience: Channeling hope, building strengths to successfully recover, adapt and grow
- Embracing Differences: Honor and celebrate our diverse communities and individual uniqueness
Bonita House Supported Independent Living Program and Case Management Team is a community-based outpatient program, committed to providing the highest quality, culturally informed, and client-centered case management and housing to people recovering with co-occurring mental health and substance use conditions.
The Administrative Assistant acts as the first point of contact for phone and walk-in customers. S/he consistently delivers excellent customer service by putting the individual first, speaking with them respectfully and kindly and providing accurate information. S/her performs pro-active problem-solving to ensure that the client’s needs are provided for in the most effective and timely manner possible. Additionally, the Admin Assistant provides general administrative and clerical support to clinical staff.
The ideal candidate has prior office and billing experience in a mental health or medical environment with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. S/he has a positive and enthusiastic disposition, enjoys people and is comfortable engaging in proactive relationship building. She/he has the ability to effectively present information, exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with clients, staff, other providers, and the public in giving and obtaining information. She/he will assist with billing to Alameda County INSYST system and Medicare, including maintaining an eligibility tracking system for Medi-Cal and Medicare billing, and maintaining work unit’s reports and records suitable for county, state and federal auditing. The Admin Assistant reports to the Operations and Billing Manager.
- High school diploma, GED or AA, preferable BA
- Minimum of 3 years of prior office/reception experience, prior experience in healthcare environment/setting.
- Professional office demeanor.
- Dependable self-starter.
- Knowledge of office equipment: computer literacy, Microsoft Word, Excel, EHR, fax, scanner, copier experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines with flexibility and professionalism.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively and consistently meets deadlines.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual preferred
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Event Planning Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland