- Experience Level
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
Compassion: Committed to caring, dignity and kindness
Respect: Honor each individual and provide highly ethical services
Progress: Leading the way in creating opportunities to change for the better
Resilience: Channeling hope, building strengths to successfully recover, adapt and grow
Embracing Differences: Honor and celebrate our diverse communities and individual uniqueness
Help adult clients with serious psychiatric disabilities find and keep competitive employment using the Individual Placement and Support Evidence-Based model. Engage clients and establish trusting, collaborative relationships. Assist clients with long-term employment goals, create career profile, discuss client’s preference for disclosure of disability status to employers, and develop individual employment plan with client
- High School Diploma or Associates degree with four years’ experience in mental health service
- Experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience providing employment services and knowledge of the work world.
- Experience and knowledge of resume development, online applications, and employment screening software.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn specialized databases and software.
- Knowledge of Supported Employment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good driver record, current driver's license and personal transportation required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, a driving record acceptable by the Agency’s insurance company; own a vehicle that you are willing to use as part of your employment and proof of personal vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to meet the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requirements.
BS in Social Work with two years of experience in mental health services
- Conduct and maintain a minimum of six employer contacts each week.
- Assist clients to make employer contacts by applying for jobs and making employer contacts within 30 days of program entry.
- Meet with clients to provide individualized support to find and maintain employment.
- Participate in meetings with referring agencies, i.e. CalWORKS, Behavioral Health Services, and Department of Rehabilitation.
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records, including on-line data entry.
- Maintain and improve program performance using the Individual Placement and Support Fidelity Scale.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 25% of scheduled work hours will be spent in the community. For example will meet with clients in community settings and develop relationship with employers at their business.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills are required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
Nonprofit is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley