1 day left
- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Production Artist DEPARTMENT: Marketing
REPORTS TO: Creative Director CATEGORY: Full-time, Exempt
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta (“Federation”) continues to build a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skill sets to create a new model of 21st century community engagement and philanthropy. Federation is looking for candidates who are forward-thinking, motivated, have a positive attitude and enjoy working in an inclusive, dynamic environment.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Production Artist will work with a passionate team of marketing professionals to execute designs across both print and digital mediums that tell the Federation story and motivate our community to engage with us. We are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for user experience and a keen eye for detail along with a healthy mix of creative and technical know-how.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle pre-press production for all projects – ads, invitations, flyers, sales sheets, impact reports, campaign materials, agency templates (letterhead, thank you notes, billing sheets, pledge cards, etc), business cards, direct mail, event programs, pop-up banners and other various needs.
- Handle creative projects that are close to completion, assuring images are of the highest possible quality. Suggest improvements and modify formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met. Responsible for archiving and updating graphic files.
- Manage pre-flight formatting in addition to collecting, processing, checking and uploading files.
- Resolve artwork issues that arise during production.
- Conceptualize and collaborate on designs with Creative Director.
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation.
- Create PDF files for print and client review.
- Follow timeline created by department manager and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Develop social media imagery to create more effective digital experiences.
- Collaborate on e-mail campaigns.
- Collaborate on website user experience/production.
- Create/manipulate PowerPoint presentations.
- Complete administrative and research tasks to support the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for an employee in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Must demonstrate a clear knowledge of print production as well as design
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service while maintaining the ability to drive outcomes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign) and Power Point
- Word and Excel experience a plus
- Video production skills a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS a plus
- Driven, self-starter, resourceful and able to work with minimal direction
- Team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever the team needs
- Must stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education
Intermittent standing and walking with prolonged periods of sitting at desk or in meetings.
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.