4 days left
- Experience Level
Please visit https://bonitahouse.org/careers/ to apply or navigate the link below
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
- Compassion: Committed to caring, dignity and kindness
- Respect: Honor each individual and provide highly ethical services
- Progress: Leading the way in creating opportunities to change for the better
- Resilience: Channeling hope, building strengths to successfully recover, adapt and grow
Embracing Differences: Honor and celebrate our diverse communities and individual uniqueness
Under the direction of the Program Director and Assistant Program Director, the Residential Counselor is responsible for providing intensive group and individual counseling to adults diagnosed with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders providing ongoing assessment, intervention, and crisis management as needed. As part of a multidisciplinary team, this position provides strength-based therapeutic care, facilitates a wide variety of recovery-oriented activities, and offers training and coaching in life skills within a 24/7 milieu setting.
- Must be able to pass community care licensing criteria for employees of residential care facilities, and pass the Federal Background check, including fingerprint check.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work both independently and as an active and self-initiating member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and be able to meet required standards of documentation.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid, current driver’s license with an insurable record and be willing to drive the agency van for outings when needed.
- Must demonstrate a high-level of professionalism with the capacity to set boundaries kindly and consistently with a diverse population of residents in a milieu setting.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize competing demands and meet weekly deadlines on an ongoing basis.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility and be able to work amicably with multiple team members.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of people from the house in the event of an emergency.
Candidates MUST qualify as a Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) by having fulfilled at least ONE of the following:
- AA degree with six years’ experience working in mental health or substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
- BA degree with four years’ experience working in mental health, substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field and two years’ experience working in mental health or substance use disorder treatment, or related social services.
An AMFT or ASW registered with Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Improve ANSA scores by 1 step from intake to discharge.
- Utilizing on-call as outlined in program practices 100% of the time.
- 95% of all Counselor Documentation Responsibilities are completed accurately and on time monthly.
- No more than 2 pieces of late documentation per calendar month
As a member of the clinical team, provide treatment to up to 15 adults with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders within a milieu setting providing ongoing assessment and intervention.
Planning and facilitating a wide range of integrated treatment groups within a social rehabilitation treatment program, providing weekly individual counseling, and participating in weekly clinical team meetings and individual supervision.
Crisis intervention and crisis management as needed.
Facilitates residents' development of recovery and adult daily living skills including personal hygiene, cooking, and cleaning through modeling, coaching, teaching and working alongside them.
Collaboratively formulating treatment plans with residents, writing weekly progress notes, daily log assessments, discharge summaries, and maintaining resident charts in compliance with regulatory standards.
Assists residents in monitoring their own medications as prescribed by their physicians per agency policies and procedures.
Consulting with other treatment/service providers (i.e. case managers, psychiatrists, physicians, etc.) to support collaborative, multidisciplinary care, service brokerage, and advocacy and discharge planning.
Responsible for monitoring compliance with state licensing requirements and specific on-site program operations as assigned.
Assist in the management, maintenance, up-keep, and repair of the house.
- The nature of this position requires that meal periods be taken "on duty".
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Must be able to assist physically in the evacuation of people from the house in the event of an emergency.
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Facilities / Equipment Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley
- Food Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Berkeley