Mental Health Director of Recovery and Wellness
- Experience Level
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
- Compassion: Committed to caring, dignity and kindness
- Respect: Honor each individual and provide highly ethical services
- Progress: Leading the way in creating opportunities to change for the better
- Resilience: Channeling hope, building strengths to successfully recover, adapt and grow
- Embracing Differences: Honor and celebrate our diverse communities and individual uniqueness
The Wellness Program Director is responsible for the clinical, fiscal and operational management of multiple wellness centers that provide mental health and case management services. Maintains fidelity to Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment and other culturally relevant evidence-based practices. Must understand and adhere to the principles of recovery, culturally responsive strength-based practices, client empowerment, and ensure that all services provided are trauma-informed. Leads Center staff to ensure the program operates according to licensing standards. Provides training and supervision to a multidisciplinary team of professional and paraprofessional staff, maintains occupancy standards and compliance with various contracts, manages the program’s budget, oversees the maintenance of the site, and participates as a member of the agency’s Management Team.
- Master’s degree and two years post-licensure in Psychology, Social Work, Education or Counseling and or related field. Studies in organizational psychology, a plus.
- 10+ years experiences in behavioral health or public health systems (non-profit or county), mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment or related social services experience.
- Minimum of five years experience managing in a mental health, substance abuse, or dual diagnosis program.
- Minimum two years experience managing a peer based service delivery model.
- Demonstrated skill in creating, implementing and maintaining sustainable programs that meet contractual obligations.
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery services models for mental health and harm reduction models for substance abuse.
- Knowledge of evidence and culturally relevant based practices.
- Strong administrative skills, with experience directing a program from start-up thru maturation.
- Proficient in establishing a successful wellness community experience.
- Adept at maintaining requirements of multiple contracts and meeting utilization requirements.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written (also with ability to meet required standards of documentation).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint (Microsoft Information Protection a plus).
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively participate on the agency’s management team.
- The use of a personal automobile to transport clients is required.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess licensure as an LCSW, MFT, or PsyD.
- Valid California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable by the Agency’s insurance company.
- Must be able to meet Community Care Licensing requirements and DOJ criminal record clearance.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Executive / Senior Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Housing / Construction Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland