Director of Case Management
- Experience Level
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
- Compassion: Committed to caring, dignity and kindness
- Respect: Honor each individual and provide highly ethical services
- Progress: Leading the way in creating opportunities to change for the better
- Resilience: Channeling hope, building strengths to successfully recover, adapt and grow
- Embracing Differences: Honor and celebrate our diverse communities and individual uniqueness
Under the general direction of the Chief Clinical & Administration Officer (CCAO), the Director of Case Management is responsible for the day-to-day operations of several programs throughout Oakland and Berkeley including; Supported Independent Living Program (SIL) outpatient case management service team, SIL Housing Program, Health Homes Program through Alameda Alliance, and the In-Home Outreach Team (IHOT). The Director of Case Management is responsible for direct service delivery models, clinical supervision, contract administration, fiscal monitoring and budgetary review, as well as, quality assurance functions for the various programs.
- Licensed LCSW, MFT, or Ph.D. for a minimum of 2 years and have at least 15 CEU’s.
- Five years’ experience in substance abuse treatment, or mental health treatment, or related social services experience, including;
- A minimum of three years supervisory experience working in a community mental health or dual diagnosis program.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work both independently and as a member of the Agency’s Management Team.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on competing demands on time.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule in accordance with client and program needs.
- Solid written skills to meet the required standards of documentation.
- Must be able to meet the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requirements.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable by the Agency’s insurance company.
- Experience with Clinicians Gateway and Welligent.
- Medi-Cal billing
- Performs duties of mental health and substance abuse counseling as well as specialized functions of the position in an integrated dual-diagnosis treatment program. Primary responsibility for day-to-day program operation.
- Directs crisis intervention and management services including responsibility for oversight of on-call services (housing only).
- Provides staff supervision including hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
- Monitors client referral; community liaison functions; clinical assessments; and written documentation.
- Additional clinical responsibilities include: approving all treatment goals for the client caseload; conducting clinical staff meetings and individual supervision; act as liaison with other mental health agencies; and participate in the Management Team meeting.
- Administrative responsibilities include monitoring the maintenance of clinical records, preparing program reports on a regular basis, and meeting contracted units of service.
- Maintain satellite houses to meet all governmental, operational, and legal requirements.
- Responsible to assist in personnel matters via HR Bamboo including hiring, evaluations, and dismissal of staff; and maintaining personnel records, onboarding, and training staff.
- Manage and monitor budgetary responsibilities as assigned by the CCAO.
- Assist with program development opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and supervise interns.
- Liaison with appropriate mental health departments, community agencies, and private practitioners.
- Some direct client work, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Development / Fundraising Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Executive / Senior Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Oakland