Mental Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner- Per Diem
- Experience Level
Please visit https://bonitahouse.org/careers/ to apply or navigate the link below.
Bonita House, Inc. (BHI) is a well-respected nonprofit mental health agency with multiple sites in Alameda County and an operating budget of $7.5 million. It was founded in 1971. BHI is also a social rehabilitation agency providing a full range of Medi-Cal services to adults with co-occurring serious mental health and substance use disorders.
Bonita House fully supports the Board of Behavioral Sciences and Board of Registered Nursing’s commitment to protect the consumers of California through effective enforcement, ensure credibility and high professional standards through examinations and licensing requirements, and provide excellent customer service to all its constituents.
This position will serve locations in Alameda County as assigned. Shifts are M-F 8:30 a.-5 p. or partial day thereof up to 40 hours per week.
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Per Diem Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides psychiatric and medical evaluation and treatment. This includes diagnostic evaluations, assessments, medication management, psychotherapy, crisis therapy, health care screening and preventative/health maintenance services, and other services. The Per Diem Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner may serve in a furnishing or non-furnishing role, depending on the needs of the agency and program.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program, valid California Registered Nurse license and Nurse Practitioner certificate, valid DEA registration, and valid California Furnishing Number
- Board certification by ANCC as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; alternatively, board certification from ANCC or AANP as an Adult, Adult-Gerontology, or Family Nurse Practitioner with at least two years of experience with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner;
- Active malpractice insurance
- Active BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
- Strong clinical skills and experience providing integrated treatment to persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and sensitively provide care to people from different cultural groups
- Knowledgeable about the needs of the population of individuals served by the program and excellent engagement and communication skills with individuals with mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
- Strong written and oral English skills; additional language capabilities a plus
- Must be able to meet Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requirements
- Must have a valid California Driver License, a driving record acceptable by the Agency’s insurance company, proof of personal vehicle insurance, and willingness to travel throughout the county to provide services
- Assess, diagnose, treat, appropriately monitor, and educate individuals with psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Knowledge and effective use of ICD and DSM diagnoses.
- Collaborate with primary care and specialty providers for comprehensive whole-person care.
- Provide crisis assessment and manage level of risk for patients in distress and be available for occasional on-call phone support after hours.
- Effective use of technology and ability to provide care to patients in numerous care settings, including office, field, patient homes, and via phone and teleconferencing technology.
- Coordinate with and provide consultation to a multidisciplinary team for optimal patient care.
- Document care in Bonita House Inc.’s electronic medical record according to Medicare and Medi-Cal standards in a timely manner according to agency guidelines.
- Submit written reports and oral testimony and presentation of opinion in commitment and other legal proceedings and in a wide range of treatment, rehabilitative, and support services matters (e.g., Social Security applications, prior authorization of medications, etc.)
- Assist the Program Director and key clinical staff in the administration of the clinical program.
- Train staff in the knowledge and skills basic to the integrated and stage-based treatment of severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring severe substance use disorders.
- Provide vacation/leave of absence clinical coverage for other providers.
- Comply with all policies and procedures and collaborate with Quality Assurance staff to ensure all documentation meets county, state, federal, and payor standards.
- Participate in biweekly supervision with Integrated Behavioral Health Care Services Director and Supervising Physician.
- Precept trainees as directed by supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Medial- Kaiser Bronze HDHP/HMO- Employee premium is 100% covered by Bonita House
- Dental- Delta Dental - DentalPremier - $2500 annual coverage including adult orthodontia
- Vision- VSP - Signature Plan includes Free annual exam and members save 30- 45% on services
- Life and AD&D- Lincoln Life Insurance Company- Employer paid up to 1 times the annual salary.
- Long Term Disability- Reliance- The monthly benefit is equal to 60% of covered earnings, up to a max of $6,000 per month.
- FSA- Sterling- Allowable for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture- Landmark- 30 visits allowed a year with $0 co-pay
- 12 Holidays and 23 days of PTO accrued during year 1.
- Retirement- Mutual of America- 3 years fully vested 100% with an annual Employer contribution
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability:
BHI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Status”).