Director of Business Development - Cancer Research Funding
- Willingness to Travel
- 25 - 50%
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/Business Partnerships and Sponsorships – California
The V Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives by helping to find a cure for cancer. The foundation seeks to make a difference by generating broad-based support for cancer research and by creating an urgent awareness among all Americans of the importance of the war against cancer. The Foundation performs these dual roles through advocacy, education, fundraising and philanthropy.
This position offers a great opportunity for an aggressive business development professional to grow a portfolio of corporate partnerships at the V Foundation for Cancer Research, and effectively increase revenue and awareness for our organization to allow us to fund the best and brightest in the field of cancer research. The V Foundation’s partnership and business alliance goals are to expand beyond the existing relationships and leverage both the value and the audience of partnerships available throughout the year.
This position is located in California, and candidates should have a strong command of the regional and state corporate social responsibility landscape.
Those interested in applying are asked to remit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations through www.indeed.com by Friday, June 28, 2019.
New Business Development – Revenue Accountability
- Event sponsorship revenue generation and growth
- Market analysis
- National corporate partnerships and strategic alliances procurement
New Business Development – Pipeline and Prospecting Support
- Pipeline development and growth
- New program conceptualization
- Competitive analysis and industry mapping to identify and prioritize new prospects
- Agreement set up and compliance
- Communications/PR efforts
Signature Event Support/On-Site & Post Event Management
- On-site event assistance and sponsor support with seamless sponsor experience
- Pre and post event analysis and planning, reporting to board
- Auction package procurement assistance
Marketing, Sales Operations and New Business Development Support Responsibilities
- Sales material development
- Sales reporting, analysis and forecasting (Salesforce.com/Luminate CRM)
- Networking industry events
Education, Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree (e.g. MBA) is preferred.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in partnership or cause marketing, in positions of progressive responsibility, preferably in a nonprofit or association environment.
- Must reside in the San Francisco/Bay Area or be willing to relocate for this position (The V Foundation will not pay for relocation costs).
- Must have experience in closing high value partnership or similar sales programs and success exceeding quotas exceeding $1 million annually.
- Experience cultivating and managing a sales pipeline within SalesForce/Luminate.
- Big picture strategist and outside of the box creativity. Demonstrated success in strategic planning, proposal development and in the identification, solicitation and closing of partnerships and business deals.
- Aptitude for developing strategic, proactive relationships with potential sponsors and corporate partners, and other supporters of the philanthropic community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in corporate and foundation funding, corporate social responsibility (CSR), philanthropy, corporate giving, and good corporate citizenship, and the methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about cause-marketing programs of corporations and foundations.
- Superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with all stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
- Experience in sports marketing partnerships preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills: ability to articulate the V Foundation’s mission, program objectives, exposure opportunities and/or resource needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners. High level of PowerPoint proficiency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to learn customized software quickly.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
Relocation assistance and sponsorship are not offered for this role.
The V Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Los Angeles