- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
REPORTS TO: VP of Development
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Inspiritus is seeking a Development Associate to join our development team. You will support the senior leadership team in securing funding to provide programming in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Your achievements with us will work to reunite families separated at the border, empower refugees to build successful lives in America, halt the downward spiral of homeless young adults, restore local families whose lives have been disrupted by natural disasters, and help many others on a path from surviving to thriving!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare and write letters of interest, grant proposals, reports, acknowledgment letters and other materials that are responsive to donor guidelines, including assembling required documentation and budgets
• Prepare case statements, flip books, presentation decks, one-pagers, and other collateral to support fund development
• Manage funding application submissions and deliverables
• Maintain a calendar of deliverables and timely monthly reports
• Identify and research new funding sources: foundation, corporate, government, and individual
• Analyze program data to articulate goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, challenges, etc. to funders
• Steward relationships with current funding partners to ensure continued and expanded giving
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date development record keeping in the database and other development systems
• Organize occasional funder meetings and site visits, including drafting agendas, preparing internal participants, and providing needed resources
• Support implementation of fundraising or other special events, as requested
WHAT YOU'LL ACHIEVE:
• Write and submit competitive new funding proposals for more than $3 million with the guidance, input and support of the senior leadership team and program staff
• Improve the capacity of our fantastic programs by generating an influx of more than $1.2 million in new funding
• Help us introduce our competitive program proposals to the philanthropic communities in Atlanta and Nashville in a refreshing, impactful way
• Your work will create CHANGE! YOU will help reunite children separated at the border with loved ones residing in our region. You will help provide life-changing art therapy to impoverished local and refugee children so they can recover from traumatic experiences. You will empower refugee families to build a new life in America. You will stop the downward spiral of homeless young adults who have aged out of foster care or have been ostracized by their families for identifying as LGBTQ. You will make it possible for us to restore families and senior citizens whose homes have been damaged by natural disasters.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO US:
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent practical experience) required
• Experience writing grant proposals
• Exceptional writing, editing, and copy editing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills, both in person and on phone
• Proven research abilities, including gathering and interpreting data
• Funder prospecting experience desirable
• Experience with Microsoft Office, a CRM software such as Etapestry or Salesforce for Nonprofits
• You thrive in a nonprofit environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
• You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
• You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and are motivated and disciplined when working independently
• You are an effective communicator with strong written skills
• You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
• You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly
• You are interested in social issues affecting: refugees, immigrants, disaster survivors, the disabled and medically fragile, LGBTQ homeless young adults, homeless youth aging out of foster care, and families in poverty.
• You stand behind our mission to empower those whose lives have been disrupted to discover their strengths and resilience, accompanying them as they grow into vibrant contributors in our community.
Inspiritus is a faith-based nonprofit that drives positive social change in communities across Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama. Formerly known as Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee (since 1929), our organizations merged in January of 2019 to form Inspiritus.
The new name embodies the essence of our mission and vision. Inspirit means to fill with strength or courage, and that is what we do. We inspirit. Learn more at weinspirit.org
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You'll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
Because Inspiritus has roots in the Christian faith, which emphasizes God’s love for all and belief in the inherent worth of each and every person, we value:
Diversity: We are welcoming and affirming. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other non-merit factor.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas.
Excellence: We provide the highest quality of service.
Advocacy and Social Justice: We educate, advocate and promote social change for the communities we serve.
Holistic Life Span Approach: We recognize the needs of individuals and how they change throughout their life.
Empowerment: We believe that the people we support benefit most when given the opportunity to make decisions for themselves and their families.
Integrity: We treat those we serve, our coworkers and our stakeholders with honesty, respect and kindness.
Collaboration: We acknowledge that we are better working as a team within our agency and with our partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.