2 days left
- Experience Level
Quantum Leap is growing, and we are looking for a qualified Sr. Accountant to join the team. The Sr. Accountant will help manage the general ledger, AP and AR subledger management, the monthly close process, and financial reporting duties. A qualified candidate will possess an aptitude for accounting and financial reporting, is detail oriented, deadline driven with a strong understanding of GAAP, revenue recognition accounting and other financial transactions within an organization.
A qualified candidate will display curiosity and initiative. The candidate must be extremely proficient in Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Administration, the primary objectives of this role are as follows:
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling Director of Finance to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives.
- Manage revenue schedules.
- Maintain investment schedules and record investment activity.
- Maintain and reconcile fund balance schedules.
- Mange AP and AR workflow, posting, and maintenance of the AP subledger.
- Assist the Director of Finance with the monthly budget to actual spend and prepare monthly analysis report.
- Manage net asset accounts and prepare monthly restriction release analysis.
- Prepare and post monthly labor allocation report; post journal entry for labor distribution.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements, research and understand new FASB, Government, and other compliance requirements.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Assist Director of Finance with the financial audit.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Min Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Min 5 years of full cycle accounting experience.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Works independently with little need for daily management to meet deadlines or objectives.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Accurate, detailed, and deadline driven.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, goals, and priorities.
- Is highly comfortable using accounting and reporting software. Advanced use of Excel required.
- Intuitive knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Curious- seeks knowledge and ways to increase efficiencies.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize efficiently. Ability to use technology to build efficiencies.
- Proven experience will full cycle accounting and reconciliations.
- Experience in supporting audit engagements.
- Intuitive knowledge of GAAP and FASB. Not for profit accounting knowledge nice to have.
- Curious and resourceful.
- Must have advance knowledge of Excel.