Mental Health Counselor - Men's services - Atlanta (TSI)
1 day left
- Degree Level
Mental Health Counselor - Men's Services - Atlanta (TSI)
Job Location The Shepherd's Inn - Atlanta, GA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Master's Degree
Job Shift Day
Job Categories Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Mental Health Counselor is a critical member of our ministry, serving by providing counseling services based upon client’s personalized service plan goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts clinical evaluation, screening, assessment, and recommends emotional services
- Manages initial and ongoing personalized service planning for emotional needs
- Facilitates therapeutic group sessions with clients and members of clients’ support system
- Lead Psycho-Ed groups on various topics related to substance use recovery
- Recommend goals for service planning that addresses recovery outcomes
- Provides 1013 recommendations and guidance during crisis intervention
- Consults during Crisis situations
- Facilitates classes for clients and their family members
- Collects, records, and analyzes documentation and referral sources while determining suitability for service needs
- Orients clients to the counseling process, guidelines, and expectations
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Ensures accuracy of client data
- Complies with established metrics
- Provides counseling services that include individual, group, and family
- Adheres to all laws and the Code of Ethics for counselors, which establishes standards for the relationship between clients/counselors
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong relational skills – ability to reach people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Crisis intervention skills
- Team player attitude and approach and an ability to genuinely relate to clients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to implement make progress plans set by the Clinical Team Director
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong computer literacy using the Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, power point, outlook); experience working in a donor database, Salesforce experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) in Counseling, Marriage and Family, or Clinical Social work or equivalent
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (LAPC)
- Certified by the Alcohol and Drug Certification Board of GA (ADACB-GA)/International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol (IC&RC), or the Georgia Addiction Counselor's Association as a Certified Addiction Counselors preferred
- CADC-II (or its equivalent) preferred
- Proven ability to effectively teach/facilitate a class of adult learners
- Demonstrated track record of dealing with difficult and challenging people in a teaching, pastoral, ministerial, counseling or other related capacity
- Familiarity with a customer relationship management system – Salesforce preferred
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Counselor or Social Worker
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting, walking or sitting)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to climb, balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 10lbs
- Must have good peripheral vision and depth perception
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during events
- Occasionally exposed to environmental fumes from plants near work location
- Moderate noise as in a business office environment
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness to travel in the metro Atlanta area ( downtown and North Atlanta) and/or Northeast Georgia (Athens metro)
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Long-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services - Dental Insurance (If participating in medical plan)
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.