Program Officer, Financial Services
- Experience Level
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of a mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved communities nationwide.
To learn more, visit: www.ofn.org
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Program Officer, with support from senior Financial Services staff, coordinates the servicing and administration of the Bond Guarantee Program at OFN. Primary job responsibilities entail relationship management with both the borrowers and the CDFI Fund Bond Guarantee Program staff, borrower credit reviews, supervising timely delivery of borrower reporting, loan covenant compliance, and other operational and administrative duties. The position is responsible for coordinating timely delivery of borrower responses, reviewing and editing loan requests, reviewing and editing borrower reports, Other duties include analytical support of loan underwritings, performing annual borrower reviews, and financial statement analysis.
- Coordinate the CDFI Bond application process including supervising the timely and accurate delivery of borrower reporting requirements and loan requests.
- Review and edit borrower loan requests to adhere to specific framework; work with financial services staff to troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate loan covenant compliance, including supervising financial statement collection, verifying compliance with loan agreement, and coordinating resolution of any covenant violations.
- Spread borrowers’ financial statements into template and complete accuracy checks.
- Analyze and prepare annual loan portfolio reviews of Bond Guarantee Program borrowers.
- Oversee third-party annual credit reviews of borrowers.
- Coordinate ongoing compliance reporting, including monthly secondary loan reviews, quarterly financial statements and compliance checks, annual compliance submissions, and other intermittent reporting requirements.
- Manage the timely processing of intermittent requisition packages from borrowers.
- Draft and update written procedures for program administration.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate, complete and up-to-date data files and records
- Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with OFN borrowers and prospects as well as answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions with OFN borrowers and prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years of experience working with Federal, state or municipal government programs, in delivering government contracted non-profit programs, or consulting organizations participating in government sponsored type of programs required.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial statement analysis highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness and relevance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse constituents is required
- Ability to assist multiple parties through complex reporting requirements
- Ability to analyze non-profit financial institutions’ financial statements required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks under moderate supervision in and effective and efficient manner required
- Ability to work independently or in team environment as required
- Experience or knowledge of the CDFI Industry a plus
- Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment a plus
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
- Some travel required (15% of time)
Supervisor: SVP, Financial Services (Bond)
Location: Washington, DC FLSA Status: Exempt