Associate and Sr. Associate Research Positions - Multiple
- Experience Level
Social Policy Research Associates (SPR) is seeking candidates for multiple full-time positions within our Education Division and Philanthropy, Equity & Youth (PEY) Division. We are a growing and dynamic research, evaluation, and technical assistance firm located in Oakland, CA. Currently, we are seeking highly qualified candidates for the following positions to help build and evaluate a portfolio of initiatives and programs aimed at improving outcomes for diverse communities, youth, and families:
- Entry- to mid-level Associate skilled in qualitative research to join our PEY Division
- Entry- to mid-level Associate skilled in quantitative research to join our PEY Division
- Mid-level Senior Associate to join our Education Division
- Experienced Senior Associate to join our PEY Division
What We Are Looking For: An Equal Opportunity Employer, SPR is an organization that values a staff with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. All candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for these positions:
- Advanced degree in one of a variety of disciplines, including public policy, sociology, education, psychology, economics, public health, and other social sciences.
- Research experience in at least one of the following areas: education and k-12 educational systems; equity-focused policy, systems, community change efforts; field/movement building; or youth programs/youth development.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods (e.g., interviews and focus groups, site visits, management of large-scale data sets, administrative data cleaning and analysis, and/or survey design and analysis)
- Ability to bring a culturally responsive, critical race, gender, and equity lens to research and analysis.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and analytical skills.
- For senior positions, demonstrated experience managing evaluation projects or portfolios.
For detailed descriptions of each position, please refer to the individual job listings on our website (https://www.spra.com/about-spr/careers/). We ask that you apply to the position for which you are best qualified.
The Company: At SPR, we believe in providing rigorous, high quality research, evaluation, training and technical assistance to improve the well-being of diverse groups of individuals, families, organizations, and communities. SPR’s work spans multiple areas of social policy, often focusing on supporting our clients with workforce development, employment training, education, philanthropy, youth development, health, and other human service issues. Over the past 25 years, SPR has earned national recognition for our work in evaluating the role of philanthropic and public-sector investments in policies and programs designed to improve outcomes for diverse populations across the country. Our clients consistently share an appreciation of the analytic lens and technical rigor that we bring to our work, and our ability to engage real-time data to inform continuous learning and iterative strategy improvements. For more information about SPR, please visit our website at www.spra.com.
The Location: SPR is conveniently located right on top of the City Center BART station in downtown Oakland. The building plaza has great food options for lunch, and we are just a few blocks away from Chinatown restaurants. Our location in Oakland also allows us to be in close contact with many of the communities we support through our work.
Other Information: In each role, you can expect to work in an office environment; occasional lifting up to 10 lbs; frequent telephone usage; standing/walking up to 50% of the time; sitting up to 80% of the time; use of office machines; heavy keyboarding. SPR offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and 401k plan.