- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY HOMES
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM OPERATIONS
The Assistant Director of Program Operations is responsible for providing management and program support for Cornerstone Community Homes’ residential and individualized day programs for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral issues.
The Assistant Director of Program Operations must have knowledge of all applicable regulations (Title 17 Department of Developmental Services and Title 22 Department of Social Services – Community Care Licensing), including abuse reporting laws and procedures, and all Cornerstone policies and procedures. The Assistant Director of Program Operations is a member of the management team and reports to the Director of Program Operations.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
The Assistant Director of Program Operations is responsible for supporting Program Managers in preparation of unannounced and scheduled inspections of the residential facilities by Community Care Licensing and Golden Gate Regional Center’s Quality Assurance department. This assistance may include reviewing the following:
• Medication storage and documentation
• Client medical records
• Client data collection
• Personnel files
• Facility food supply, regular and emergency
• Overall cleanliness and sanitation of the facilities
The Assistant Director of Program Operations is responsible for assisting Program Managers with emergency needs for staffing coverage, doctor appointments or emergency room visits. The Assistant Director of Program Operations will work with Program Managers as requested to ensure appropriate coverage and support during absences (vacation and/or leave).
The Assistant Director of Program Operations has primary responsibility for emergency on-call after-hours and on weekends.
The Assistant Director of Program Operations is responsible for providing human resources support for all of Cornerstone Community Homes’ programs, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Interviewing and hiring of all Direct Support Professionals and ensuring that all pre-employment requirements are met.
• Providing training to employees, as follows:
• New Hire Orientation and Abuse Reporting
• First Aid
• Water Safety
• Administrator CEU Recertification course topics to be determined.
• Acting as Cornerstone Community Homes’ Safety Officer, overseeing the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, and Emergency Disaster Plans.
• Monitoring personnel files and staff training records.
• Overseeing the performance review process for direct support staff.
The Assistant Director of Program Operations is responsible for:
• Overseeing client programming and activity schedules for residential and individualized day programs, both in the home and in the community.
• Participating in the planning, development and coordination of client engagement activity programs (including holiday parties) for Residential and Individualized Day Program clients, providing leadership to managers and staff. This may include leading art and fitness classes for the enrichment and benefit of Cornerstone clients.
• Prerequisites: Must be at least age 21 and comply with Community Care Licensing personnel requirements: have a criminal record clearance, evidence of good health (physical) and a negative TB test.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Behavioral Science, such as Psychology or Social Work, is preferred.
• At least three years of experience with programs for developmentally disabled individuals. Requires a working familiarity with residential operations licensed by Community Care Licensing, and knowledge of Department of Social Services’ Title 22 regulations and Department of Developmental Services’ Title 17 regulations.
• In addition, a clean driving record, with insurance company approval to operate Cornerstone vehicles, is required.
• Post-hire requisites:
• Completion of Direct Support Professional Year-1 and Year-2 training (35 hours each) Cornerstone Community Homes Page 3
Assistant Director of Program Operations Job Description
• Completion of Adult Residential Facility Administrator’s Certificate
• First Aid Instructor’s Certification
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
The position of Assistant Director of Program Operations is a full-time, exempt salaried position and is not eligible for paid overtime. Agency benefits are outlined in the Cornerstone Community Homes’ Employee Handbook.
In addition to annual salary, Cornerstone pays employer costs required by law. These costs include Unemployment Insurance, Worker’s Compensation Insurance and Social Security tax.