Housing Social Worker- Men’s Services (Choose Help)
- Degree Level
Housing Social Worker- Men’s Services (Choose Help)
Do you feel called to work in Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the loves of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Housing Social Worker is a critical member of our ministry by assisting men and women with financial responsibility and securing housing
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates financial and housing goals with clients
- Ensures recommended services are personalized to achieve outcomes
- Provides adjustment support to clients in life event transition
- Provides guidance during crisis intervention
- Refer clients to housing partners and provide housing support services
- Builds relationships with partners in order to secure financial and housing resources for clients
- Facilitate financial management education and client budgeting
- Assists clients with opening up savings account
- Consults during crisis situations
- Researches and remains current in knowledge of critical wrap around resources such as food stamps, legal, childcare services, rental and utility assistance, and others
- Inputs, tracks, and reports client outcome progression and client engagement data
- Leverages motivational interviewing to accurately assess client need and match to partner resources
- May serve as a resource for other Social Workers
- Attends mission-wide meetings/ City Provider Meeting
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications; experience working in a customer management database; Salesforce experience preferred
- High emotional and organizational intelligence evidenced by success over time in multiple settings
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is constant
- Proven ability to be a self-starter
- Well organized and time management with strong follow through
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Strong Crisis intervention skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and or/boards of directors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Social Work
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in mission, ministry or a nonprofit agency serving people
- Experience administering assessments in a social services capacity preferred
- Experience teaching clients financial management and budgeting skills
- Experience finding and connecting clients with housing
- Case management experience
- Crisis intervention experience
- Communicates Effectively
- Crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills
- High emotional and organizational intelligence
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:(OPTIONAL SECTION: ANY TRAVEL, SECURITY, RISK, HAZARD OR RELATED SPECIAL CONDITION WHICH APPLY TO THE POSITION)
- Transport clients around the Metro Atlanta area to locate housing
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.