- Position Type
- Full Time
At the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health, we are a team of dedicated individuals with a shared commitment to helping kids and families live healthier lives.
We do this by:
• Fundraising for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford and the maternal and child health programs of Stanford University School of Medicine.
• Raising awareness of children's health issues.
• Promoting a system of care that improves the lives of children with special health care needs and their families
GENERAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports staff in grants-related activities as assigned, which may include drafting requests for proposals, monitoring project assessment and evaluation, conducting research, preparing reports and presentations, assisting with surveys, and other projects.
- Assists in conducting research and obtaining background information to guide grantmaking, goal setting and strategies.
- Develops and implements social media strategy, including conducting research about current events regarding the program area of interest; drafting, editing, and scheduling content to be posted; and engaging with the Foundation’s audience.
- Participates in communications and external relations activities, including assisting in constituent relationship management; formatting and preparing grant products and reports for publication; assisting in dissemination of materials and outreach; and representing the Foundation and Department at external events.
- Participates in the management of the Department’s mailing list system (EMMA) and e-mail dissemination.
- Assists in Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce) maintenance and activities.
- Aids in management of Foundation website and external site developers.
- Contributes to department-wide planning and activities, including recommending new procedures and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency, quality and relevance.
- Recommends new approaches, procedures and processes to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
NOTE: We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Therefore, the responsibilities associated with this position will change from time to time in accordance with LPFCH’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Public Administration or a closely related field.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND JOB RELATED REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four years related professional work experience.
- Proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Demonstrated website development and management skills.
- Project development/management skills, preferably in Customer Relationship Management.
- Familiarity with health policy and health care systems.
- High level of productivity and initiative.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and commitment to the quality, accuracy and presentation of work products.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under occasional deadline pressure.
- Tactfulness, flexibility and collaboration are essential in working with diverse population groups (coworkers, constituents, physicians, faculty, staff, vendors, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with staff and external partners in a professional manner.
- Ability to represent the Foundation and the Department in a professional manner at external events.
- Good judgment, a positive attitude, the ability to take initiative, work independently and handle confidential information appropriately.
- A sincere interest in children’s health care services and advocacy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- A willingness to ask questions to clarify assignments and accept supervisor’s guidance.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proven ability to be resilient and adaptable in the face of changing priorities.
- Experience overseeing email management systems.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Familiarity with grants management.
- Master’s degree in public health or health policy.
- Previous experience doing related work in a non-profit work environment.
- Additional language proficiency.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We know that building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our success and enables us to do extraordinary work for kids and their families. When you become part of our team, you’ll be joining a group of passionate and dedicated individuals who truly care about and believe in the work they do.
We provide competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We are strong supporters of work life balance. Learn more by visiting the careers page on our website.
Apply online by submitting a cover letter and resume.
The Lucile Packard Foundation for Children’s Health is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.