- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Housing Liaison
Department: Welcome Co-Op
Schedule: 40-hour workweek, with occasional evenings and weekends
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
The Housing Liaison will manage relationships with housing providers for newly arriving refugees, finding and advocating for safe, clean, and affordable housing. This will include identifying new housing options, creating and maintaining relationships with housing providers (typically, apartment complexes), negotiating rent amounts and contracts, supporting tenants with basic apartment maintenance, and advocating on behalf of tenants as needed. The Housing Liaison will manage two Logistics Specialists, who are responsible for managing inventory of household and personal care items for new arrivals and setting up homes according to specifications.
This position will operate under a shared-service agreement among three resettlement agencies: Catholic Charities Atlanta, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Georgia and Florida, and New American Pathways, which will be the employer of record for this position. The Housing Liaison will be supervised by the CEO of New American Pathways but will report to leadership of all three partner organizations. As the fiscal agent for the shared-service agreement, New American Pathways will be the employer of record for this position.
- Identify new housing options in accordance with agencies’ standards.
- Create and maintain positive, productive relationships with housing providers in target communities, especially apartment complexes.
- Negotiate rent amounts and contracts.
- Support tenants with basis apartment maintenance.
- Coordinate and support rent payments for soon-to-arrive or newly arrived refugees.
- Advocate on behalf of tenants, and support tenants in development of skills for self-advocacy. Mediate between property owners and tenants.
- Support relationships with donors, including arranging and conducting donation pickups.
- Performing administrative tasks such as tracking hours of hourly staff and contractors, reviewing inventory records and vehicle logs, and preparing reports.
- Support organization and maintenance of storage facilities.
- Represent resettlement agencies on working groups, task forces, community committees, and other entities related to housing issues and tenant advocacy in the communities where clients live.
- Conduct occasional visits to clients’ homes.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Valid driver’s license (class C), clean driving record, and competence driving box vans/trucks.
- Ability to pass a background check and be around clients, including minors.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management, warehousing, or donation coordination.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Energetic and positive attitude conducive to working on a small team.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with database/customer-relations-management (CRM) programs (e.g., Salesforce); CRM proficiency preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. occasionally in support of setting up homes.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills: the ability to work effectively with partners, donors, colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time & meet deadlines.
- Previous management experience a plus.
- At least 18 years of age.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary range of $40,000 to $45,000 a year.Employer contributes to medical, dental and vision insurance.Employer pays life and disability insurance.Fourteen (14) paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy.Employee has the option to contribute to 401(k).
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or emails please.
New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.