Chief Program Officer
- Experience Level
Chief Program Officer
Second Wind Dreams® (SWD®) is an internationally known nonprofit organization dedicated to changing the perception of aging through the fulfillment of dreams and the offering of educational programs including its flagship, sensitivity training, the Virtual Dementia Tour®. The office is located in Roswell, Georgia.
The CPO will serve as a critical member of the executive management team, reporting to the CEO and working closely alongside the COO. In collaboration with the CEO, the CPO will help the CEO to articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of Second Wind Dreams®. The CPO will oversee the SWD program portfolio.
Specific Duties will include:
- Oversee the portfolio of programs and related services. This includes DACE, Virtual Dementia Tour and ancillary programs, Certified Trainers, Mobile VDT, International partners and Nursing Home Civil Monetary Penalty Grants and other Grants.
- Support The Dreams, and it’s ancillary programs such as Gifts of Light, International Second Wind Dreams Day.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and provide ongoing feedback to program leads;
- Work with CEO to help promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship with a healthy mix of government funding and private philanthropic support;
- Raise the agency’s profile through external communications;
- Public speaking,
- Provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all program staff;
- Enhance the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in elder and dementia care, workforce and education.
- The CPO will work with staff and be responsible for developing new programs
- Creating a strategic plan and monitoring the programs budget.
- The CPO will also engage the Board of Directors frequently under the direction of the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required with 5 or more years of leadership experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Area of study in social work, gerontology, healthcare or other related field
- Experience in a human service delivery field with experience in program development, implementation and management
- Experience in a non-profit setting
- Grant writing and management experience
- Strong interpersonal, team building and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of research principles and evaluation methods
- Ability to work with multiple partners, senior leadership, boards and staff
- Ability and passion for building relationships
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Skill in exercising discretion and independent judgment with regard to management tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple demands
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite)
Benefits package includes:
• Paid Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Life Insurance
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment
• Short Term Disability
• Health Insurance option
• Dental insurance option
• Vision insurance option
To Apply: To apply for this position, please respond to this job posting to Gwenyth Johnson (no phone calls please) with:
• A cover letter summarizing your interest and experience; and
• A resume, attached in MS Word format or .PDF, and including your updated contact information and salary expectations.
FLSA JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time.
Second Wind Dreams is an equal opportunity employer. This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise other than an “at will” relationship.