- Experience Level
The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting Groundswell’s grantmaking across four funds: Catalyst Fund, Liberation Fund, Rapid Response Fund, and Birth Justice Fund, as well as supporting grants management through our capacity-building programs. Working closely with the rest of the Grantmaking Team, the Program Assistant contributes to the implementation of grantmaking, grants management, technical assistance, evaluation, and communications.
Grantmaking and Grants Management
- Support Request for Proposals and reporting processes and manage grants intake processes for Groundswell’s funds: Catalyst Fund, Liberation Fund, Birth Justice Fund, and Rapid Response Fund and supports grants processing for Groundswell’s capacity-building programs: Integrated Voter Engagement program, Grassroots Organizing Institute, and Ecosystem Initiative.
- Manage grant disbursement process, including generating grant agreements, supporting grantees and fiscal sponsors to complete forms, liaising with Groundswell’s finance department and capacity-building department, and filing completed grant agreements and documents.
- Support docket writing and publication processes, including drafting funding recommendations, coordinating with graphic designers and printers.
- Maintain up to date grantee data in database and server, and maintain timely and accurate filing of all grantee information online, including grant inquiries, proposals, reports, correspondence and updates.
- Maintain grantmaking calendar to ensure the grantmaking department meets key deadlines throughout the year.
- Support ongoing communications with grantees and other audiences, including supporting timely communications with grantees in advance of deadlines and follow-up with grantees who miss deadlines.
- Support or lead logistics for in-person and virtual events led by our Grantmaking team and Funder Organizing team.
- Support scheduling and calendar maintenance for Grantmaking team, which may include coordinating calls, meetings and travel for the Senior Director of Programs, Program Officers, and other Groundswell stakeholders as necessary.
- Support and/or conduct site visits or calls with grantees.
- Support the data collection and review of grantee information for the annual evaluations of grantee impact.
- Support, maintain and contribute to the development of strong, efficient administrative systems and practices to improve the remote work of the Grantmaking team and Groundswell.
- Support Groundswell’s funder organizing and fundraising strategies with diverse foundations and donors.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with funder colleagues, individual donors, grantees, and other key partners.
- Contribute to the implementation of technical assistance and evaluation programs for grantees.
- Project manage logistics for grantee meetings and convenings.
- Manage consultant contracts.