Dining Services Associate (Men's Services)
- Degree Level
- High School
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
As a Dining Services Associate, you will serve within the ministry by daily performing various food preparation duties, overseeing kitchen staff (including clients and volunteers), and serve as back-up to the Dining Services Lead. You will also perform the following:
NOTE: Atlanta Mission operates 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. We have a full-time position available for the hours of 7:00 am- 3:30 pm and 10:30 a.m.- 7:00 p.m. with varying days.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Dining Services Lead with menu planning (incorporating donated food which may vary weekly)
- Prepare meals in quantities based on the menu and number of persons to be served following approved procedures
- Supervise and train assigned clients and volunteers with kitchen duties
- Assist Dining Services Lead in preparing reports and maintaining records as directed
- Monitor, organize, disperse and properly store the food supply inventory
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in kitchen and dining area as required by established standards
- Participates in team activities as needed
- Attends Mission-wide meetings and training as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will possess the following:
- High School diploma or GED – Required
- 3 years of food service operation experience – Preferred
- ServSafe certification - Preferred
Experience & Skills:
- A strong desire to work in a Christian ministry
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Good organization and follow up skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.