Donor Engagement Specialist
- Degree Level
Donor Engagement Specialist
Job Location Mission Support Center - Atlanta, GA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Bachelor's degree
Travel % None
Job Shift Day
Job Categories Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Donor Engagement Specialist is a critical member of our ministry who assumes responsibility for engaging mid-level donors in our Donor Cultivation Center Department. Responsibilities include cultivating meaningful relationships, growing revenue, and activating mid-level donors at higher levels of giving primarily through phone, email, mail channels, and occasional face-to-face meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits gifts from individuals by building long-term relationships though phone, written correspondence, and occasional face-to-face meetings
- Maintains regular contact with mid-level donors; thanking for support, asking about prayer needs, and sharing recent information based on current marketing collateral
- Maintains donor data in CRM system to help expand relationships and donations
- Documents personal donor information including professional affiliations, personal demographics, and prayer needs
- Determines if contact from a Development Officer is appropriate
- Determines if Planned Giving services are appropriate
- Organizes and hosts Discovery Tours and other outreach events for mid-level donors
Cultivation and Strategy
- Conducts mid-level donor file prospect research by analyzing and interpreting information in order to provide biographical and financial profiles on existing and potential donors with major gift potential
- Collaborates with Donor Cultivation Center Department team to develop a targeted mid-level donor specific marketing and engagement strategy
You will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience & Skills:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially telecommunication
- Creative self-starter with strong time management skills
- Active listening and strong follow up skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and foster teamwork
- Strong computer literacy using the web, social media, and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point); experience working in a donor database or other CRM system
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Physical Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer, printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must have the ability to maintain close vision
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services - Dental Insurance (If participating in medical plan)
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.