- Degree Level
Job Location Mission Support Center - Atlanta, GA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level Bachelor's degree
Travel % Up to 25%
Job Shift Day
Job Categories Nonprofit - Social Services
Do you feel called to work in a Christian Ministry?
Do you want to work where you make a difference in the lives of others?
Join us at the Atlanta Mission, where we make a difference in the lives of over 1000 men, women, and children every day by providing food, shelter, clothing, counseling, vocational and spiritual guidance. We get to witness radical life transformations.
The Development Officer is a critical member of our ministry, serving as the strategic stakeholder in the implementation of fundraising initiatives to secure general operating, in-kind gifts and capital funds used to provide services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits gifts from individuals by building long-term relationships though personal visits, phone and written correspondence and requesting specific support when appropriate
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits gifts from corporations by performing necessary research; developing and nurturing relationships with owners and employees; hosting group events; creating proposals; and tracking results
- Promotes the Mission by hosting and making presentations to community groups; assisting with development of brochures; becoming involved in professional groups and organizations; and assisting at cultivation events
- Maintains appropriate donor and prospect files
- Assists with compilation of statistics and program performance measurements
- Assists with periodic Public Relations and volunteer events (e.g. Project Overcoat, Donor Banquet).
- Aids and supports the organization’s planned giving effort in expanding major donor interest and the organization’s long-term viability as a safe and well maintained resource for all
You will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years’ experience with a proven track record of success in acquiring new major donors and corporate funding or corporate relationship sales or business development equivalent
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or Christian ministry or the equivalent experience as a believer living out your Christian faith in a corporate environment strong preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing
- Strong computer literacy using the web, social media and Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, power point); experience working in a donor database, Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong research, writing and presenting skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Self-starter with strong time management skills
- Strategic thinker linking development initiatives to business objectives
- Extensive experience of development and fundraising techniques or corporate relationship sales or business development equivalent
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills in assessment and identification of needs and solutions
- Strong evaluation skills to assess the effectiveness of methods used v. goals/objectives
- Excellent business acumen and appropriate industry experience, preferably in specific arears related to assigned initiatives
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Employer PAID benefits: Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Short-Term Disability - Travel Assistance Program - Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Employee Advocacy Services
Employer CONTRIBUTED Benefits: Medical and 403b Retirement Plan
Atlanta Mission transforms, through Christ, the lives of those facing homelessness. We are a community united to end homelessness . . . one friend at a time.
Atlanta Mission has been called by God to serve the city of Atlanta.
Since its 1938 beginnings, this Christian nonprofit ministry has grown from a small soup kitchen to a multi-facility organization serving Metro Atlanta's large homeless population. Today, Atlanta Mission provides emergency shelter, rehab and recovery services, vocational training, services, and transitional housing. We serve more than 1,000 homeless men, women, and children every day.
Atlanta Mission meets each person where they are, in their unique circumstances, to provide customized services to help them overcome the cause of their homelessness.
We believe that a relationship with Christ is the key to restoration, redemption, and sustainable change for everyone. We invest in the spiritual, personal, and professional development of people, restoring and equipping them to intentional living. We believe that in empowering and coaching people toward excellence, we impact the quality of all we do.
Various factors lead to homelessness job loss, eviction, family tragedy, addiction, domestic violence, a major health condition, and more. The common denominator is a major crack in their life foundation. Our programs are multi-pronged and multi-layered, designed to meet people where life has led them.