Aurora- Student Life Director
- Position Type
- Full Time
Student Life Director- Aurora
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
* COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
* PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
* JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
* AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
* EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
Under the direction of the Site Director, the Student Life Director (SLD) is responsible for the vision and implementation of the Student Life program, ensuring that all students define their dreams, have access to experiential learning opportunities during the academic year and summer, and engage in and reflect upon meaningful community service. Additionally, the SLD will advocate for and support students in achieving their goals of a college education and a productive future.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Program Development and Implementation: Work with the Site Director to successfully implement the Student Life (SL) program and ensure that goals across the site are met in the following program components: experiential learning workshops, summer engagement, community service, and biannual showcase events.
* Staff Development and Recruitment: Recruit, hire, develop and evaluate SL part-time staff and volunteers. Support site team in creating purpose-driven programming.
* Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Assist every College Track student in cultivating a sense of purpose by declaring and working toward his/her dream. Continuously assess student data and provide meaningful interventions to ensure that students develop leadership skills, complete community service hours and participate in activities that prepare them for college.
* School and Community Outreach and Engagement: Lead a strong community partnership effort, representing College Track at events intended to build the capacity of youth as well as recruit students to the program. Additionally, the SLD will be active in community organizations and professional societies and remain current on best practices in youth development.
* Financial and Resource Management: Monitor and meet the expense budgets for Student Life Program. Identify and develop external sources of funding for program. Lead fundraising efforts for student enrichment opportunities.
* New Projects: Projects as assigned by the Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
* Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience successfully motivating and managing high school students to meet high expectations in youth development, experiential learning, and/or service learning
* Demonstrated success in closing the “experience gap” for low-income students
* Demonstrated ability to cultivate and leverage resources to achieve outcomes
* Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track’s mission
* Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact.
* Manages people, project and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact
* Minimum 4-year college degree
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.