Organization: San Francisco General Hospital Foundation
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Vice President, Finance
Position Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is a dynamic and growing nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting research, education and care for all at the Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG). Zuckerberg San Francisco General is the only provider of trauma (Level 1) and 24-hour psychiatric emergency services for 1.5 million people in San Francisco and northern San Mateo counties.
A comprehensive medical center, Zuckerberg San Francisco General provides quality health care with compassion and respect to 100,000 inpatient and 500,000 outpatient visits per year, including some of San Francisco’s most vulnerable. In addition, Zuckerberg San Francisco General is one of the nation’s top tertiary academic medical centers conducting clinical training and research.
In 2016, Zuckerberg San Francisco General opened a brand new acute care hospital and the Foundation concluded a successful multi-million dollar capital campaign. This candidate will be joining the Foundation at an exciting time as it continues to grow and advance public health in San Francisco. For more information about the Foundation and Zuckerberg San Francisco General, please visit: sfghf.org
The Staff Accountant will perform a wide variety of accounting functions primarily relating to the month end close and supporting the Development Team by managing grant and program accounting and financial reporting. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for general ledger entries, assisting with budget preparation, implementing new policies and procedures, and generation of financial reports as needed.
- Complete all monthly bank account reconciliations in a accurately and timely manner
- Manage project accounts and reporting for Hospital programs:
- Primary finance contact for Hospital programs and grants
- Work with development staff to maintain and update project budgets as necessary
- Lead the implementation of new accounting procedures as needed
- Generate monthly financial reports
- Oversee financial and reporting side of the Hearts Grants program
- Create and maintain funds and budget for grants, programs, and other needs
- Oversee financial reporting for grants
- Analyze financial data and generate custom reports for evaluation and planning purposes
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge preferred
- Program financial and accounting experiences preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong Organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple task and responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related filed
- Commitment to quality work, high productivity, and attention to detail
COMPENSATION AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package based upon experience, and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement plan, commuter discounts and vacation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name and Staff Accountant in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from telephone calls, visits, faxes or emails (other than submissions) to the Foundation directly.