Special Assistant to the Executive Director
- Degree Level
This position provides specialized assistance to the Executive Director in the management of RCI functions and in other areas as assigned. The Special Assistant will serve as a key partner to the Executive Director in advancing the mission and goals of RCI to impact the lives of caregivers across the country.
- Provides executive-level support for the work of the Executive Director. (90%)
- Supports the Executive Director and the broad agenda within the organization and around the country.
- Helps set priorities among issues and constituents.
- Ensures the Executive Director is responsive to requests and inquiries.
- Assists the Executive Director with meeting and event preparation.
- Serves as senior advisor to the Executive Director.
- Responds to concerns, issues and inquiries on the behalf of the Executive Director.
- Assists the Executive Director in establishing and accomplishing goals.
- Tracks commitments and deliverables to internal and external partners with a customer-service attitude.
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)
- Bachelor’s and five years OR a Master’s and three years of related professional experience.
- Experience working strategically and collaboratively across organizations in very fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrated effectiveness, versatility and action-oriented behavior.
- Exceptional writing skill and communication skills, including a proven ability to prepare and present clear and concise reports to senior management and articulate complex and/or technical issues to various stakeholders.
- Experience staffing and advising a senior executive or political figure with experience strategically managing an executive’s calendar, scheduling/logistics and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently; excellent organizational and delegation skills; and ability meet deadlines with short turn-around times.
- Dedication to the mission of the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving.