Sr. Development Director, Bike MS (NAT3392)
- Experience Level
The Senior Development Director, Bike MS is responsible for the successful execution of the operational plan for assigned Bike MS events to meet or exceed revenue and engagement goals. This Sr. Director supervises a fundraising team providing leadership and direction while collaboring and engaging market leadership, key volunteers and board members to reach goals. In addition, this position is part of a Bike MS team who implements the fundraising, recruitment and cultivation strategies for Bike MS and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
- Accelerates revenue growth by identifying, evaluating and ensuring implementation of the development plan for Bike MS
- Develop and lead work with the local leadership team in the relationship management strategy for fundraisers at all levels, teams, team captain, corporate partners and volunteers.
- Ensures that fundraising strategies across Development are understood by market staff and that the staff is achieving its goals as defined in the operational plan
- Accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Bike MS market has a strong operational plan following Society strategies focused on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, bike shops, bike clubs, etc.
- Builds strong and balanced participant portfolios for each Bike MS staff member. The portfolios will include teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, bike shops, bike clubs, volunteers, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the AVP, Bike to build a relationship with local market staff including presidents' in the assigned event revenue portfolio. Frequently communicates with the local staff including presidents to: ensure effective execution of the campaign in each market, assess volunteer engagement opportunities, and discuss corporate development opportunities. ,
- Ensures participant relationships and corporate partnerships result in growth in registrations and revenue.
- Working with the AVP, Bike to engage presidents in the Bike MS budgeted revenue discussion, revenue growth assessment and the planning process.
- Responsible for hiring and training Bike MS market staff in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Coaches, develops and supervises a team of Bike MS market staff responsible for executing the plan (Teams, Logistics, Corporate Relations, and Top Fundraisers).
- Identifies, develops and grows staff capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures staff behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provides timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Works with the AVP. Bike to identify events that can be merged to increase staff capacity, reduce expenses and ultimately drive revenue.
- Oversees the execution of the integrated marketing and communication plan focused on acquisition, retention and revenue growth for each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff.
Provides Leadership and expertise as part of the Bike MS Team responsible for achieving revenue goals
- Ensures communication and integration of strategies within each market in the assigned event revenue portfolio.
- Ensures the strategies, resources and tools created by the marketing, relationship development and event experience teams are deployed in each market to drive revenue and registration.
- Collaborates with other market based revenue channel leaders and the president/REVP to provide a unified and consistent experience for sponsors, participants, donors and volunteers that are shared between revenue channels.
- Bridges corporate and volunteer relationships to other markets where new teams and be seeded and additional sponsorship and be realized.
- Ensures communication and integration between the development team and other revenue channels in their market
- Working closely with the local logistics, services teams to fully engage and mobilize the MS community.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience
- At least 8 years of combined leadership and development experience including 3 years in a management fundraising position with the National MS Society or other non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, staff coaching and fundraising, marketing, budgeting and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
- Ability to analyze the Metrics That Matter and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers from a distance while deepening relationships and creating trust.
- Experience in creating and delivering organization initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, complex situations and strong relationship and communication skills to provide leadership to a large number of staff and constituents.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software).
- Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, GoTo Meeting etc.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Diseases & Disorders Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Diseases & Disorders Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Diseases & Disorders Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Diseases & Disorders Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Diseases & Disorders Full Time jobs in San Francisco