Regional Satellite Manager
- Experience Level
Regional Satellite Manager
Remote Position – Middle / South Georgia
Reports to: Director of Programs
Wage Range: $40,000 to $45,000
About HMHB: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia's mission is to improve maternal and infant health through advocacy, education and access to vital resources. Our vision is that every mother and child in Georgia will have access to resources for a healthier life. Learn more about HMHB by visiting us online at: www.hmhbga.org.
HMHB is expanding our efforts to improve maternal infant health throughout the State by establishing (3) Perinatal Satellite Offices in Wilcox, Randolph, and Jenkins Counties, Georgia. We are looking for a dynamic leader to oversee all three offices and lead our rural expansion efforts. This position provides oversight, directs planning, administration, and evaluation of programs and services of the Perinatal Satellite Offices. The successful candidate will be able to lead program staff in determining best approaches for achieving program objectives in accordance with client/community needs, funder requirements, and agency resources.
The position oversees the Satellite activities, including but not limited to:
Office Management & Oversight
Operating the Perinatal Satellite Office will require management of part-time staff, community requests, queries, and maintaining an adequate resource supply for participants.
HMHB has developed an evidence-informed prenatal education program for women and families in Georgia. We provide a 2-hour, brief-intervention format workshop that highlights pertinent information to address Georgia’s poor maternal and infant health outcomes.
HMHB provides breastfeeding information and support via certified lactation counselors (CLC). This includes hosting group breastfeeding workshops, Baby Café’s, and one-on-one education for women in the Wilcox County and its contiguous counties.
Perinatal Community Health Work
HMHB serves the host and contiguous counties via trained Perinatal Community Health Workers (PCHW). PCHWs provides perinatal education, home visiting, individualized support in developing a plan for healthy birth outcomes, goal setting, and assistance in navigating referrals.
Baby Store Management
The Baby Store is a resource supply bank for critical maternal and baby item needs for moms with need. The store is stocked with diapers, wipes, clothing, and larger items including car seats and strollers. Staff members maintain inventory and track store items as distributed.
Building Perinatal Support Professionals
Training program launched in January of 2018 to support women toward becoming certified Childbirth Educators and Doulas. The program provides both scholarships for the training program and supplemental mentorship and professional development opportunities.
- Supervise and coach Perinatal Site Coordinators
- Ensure effective service delivery by monitoring implementation
- Work closely with Director of Programs in submission of data, reports and tracking of progress
- Assist in managing budget, and responsible for reporting
- Develop expertise on program and stay abreast of trends in maternal and child health, evidence-based practices, and the social determinants of health
- During times of high client volume, assist each office as necessary with client visits, follow-ups, and resource referrals
- Serve as liaison between HMHB home office and all three satellite offices
- Assist each satellite team in building strategic partnerships with healthcare systems in the region
- Assist each satellite team in coordinating, and attend, their Regional Advisory Board meetings
- Maintain relationships with County Nurse Managers within each program county
- Coordinate virtual and in-person satellite team meetings
- Coordinate periodic review of program curriculum and evaluation processes
- Participates in ongoing mandatory training to remain current on maternal, infant health issues
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary for successful program administration and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, social work, or social/human services
- At least 3 years experience working within a home visiting or case management model
- At least 2 years experience managing and motivating teams towards success
- Candidate must own a reliable vehicle (all mileage reimbursed per State rates)
- Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) - or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire date (HMHB will pay for all required training and certification)
- Must be willing to complete the Perinatal Community Health Worker training (HMHB will cover the costs of all required training and certifications)
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be dedicated to improving maternal and infant health in Georgia
- Frequent travel between county sites and home office in Atlanta
- Knowledge of Georgia social services, public health services and other community programs
- Masters degree or advanced degree
- IBCLC or CLC certified
- Applicant may work primarily from the Jenkins County office (located in Millen), in Macon (co-working space with our partner), or from another south or middle Georgia location under certain exceptions. If you would like to apply and live in south or middle Georgia, but not in Macon or the Millen area, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Please follow these instructions exactly. Please email your current resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, addressed to Mica Whitfield, Director of Programs at email@example.com. In the title of the email please indicate the name of the position “Regional Satellite Manager”. We request that all applications be submitted by June 28, 2019 for consideration.
Please, no phone calls.
Full-time employees are eligible for enrollment in employer-sponsored (80%) health, dental and vision as well as a SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with employer match. Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Macon
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Macon
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Macon
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Macon
- Human Resources / Recruiting Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Macon