- Experience Level
Position Description – Senior Accountant -B
Organizational Chart Summary:
Chief Financial Officer
Senior Accounting Manager
Senior Accountant – B
Department: Finance Department, Atlanta
Reporting To: Senior Accounting Manager
The Senior Accountant B is a valuable member of the Finance Department of the organization. General duties executed by the accountant include bookkeeping, report generation, analysis of financial information, filing of statutory returns, maintenance of documentation, administration of Concur, administration of Amex & MasterCard, tracking of fixed assets, bank reconciliations and other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Excellent human relation / internal customer service / problem solving skills.
- Good communicator both orally and in written form.
- Good computer skills with ability to handle complex excel files.
- College degree in accounting. CPA and/or CPA track a plus.
- Minimum three years of accounting experience in an independent role.
- Provide accounting support to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Ensure that the Senior Accounting Manager and the Chief Financial Officer are up to date with all defined reports and accounting analysis as required from time to time
- Perform routine and complex accounting duties accurately and on a timely basis, according to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Generate and post accounting data to the Financial Edge accounting software, balance & reconcile accounts, and produce monthly financial statements and reports.
- Using Blackbaud’s Financial Edge Fixed Asset module, calculate depreciation for all assets on the books of the organization on a monthly basis as per procedures, maintain the PP&E inventory of the organization, verify age of assets and ensure accuracy of the depreciation schedules. Prepare the Fixed assets rollforward monthly.
- Reconcile outstanding travel advances (including the China account), personal expense accounts receivables and prepaid expenses on the books of the organization. Obtain confirmations at regular intervals and keep documentation up to date.
- Prepare certain account reconciliations for review and approval by the Senior Accounting manager monthly.
- Review, code and prepare all accounts payable invoices and credits for payment. Prepare International transfer requests.
- Review and approve all Concur expense reports submitted by staff. Prepare Concur expense reports for select individuals.
- Perform daily functions for other accounting staff during sickness and vacations, such as daily E-giving reports, daily contributions and bank deposits & accounts payable check runs.
- Administer and maintain all records & files in the Concur Expense Reporting program.
- Reconcile MasterCard, Visa & American Express credit card transactions with the Concur expense reports, code and post transactions to the General Ledger.
- Monitor old records and destroy outdated records per Record Retention Policy.
- Maintain monthly check lists for receipt of bank statements, preparations for month end closing, and generation and distribution of monthly financial reports.
- Reconcile and balance monthly Raiser’s Edge contribution records in preparation for posting to General Ledger.
- Prepare list of cash expense reimbursements and personal charge deductions for posting to payroll.
- Prepare wire transfer payment requests for International Reps salaries and cash reimbursements.
Reports and Statutory Filings
- Generate departmental expense reports on a monthly basis and as requested. Analyze expense patterns and bring noticed deviations to the attention of the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Prepare monthly and yearly financial reports and statements as and when required.
- Maintain & update Daily Contribution Report’s Excel formats and protected data.
- Administrate and maintain travel expense records in Concur/Expense Expert
- Prepare statutory Canada contribution reporting, as required.
Budgets and Audits
- Assist with preparation of budgetary statements for all departments based on inputs from departments and generate departmental budget reports. Reconcile and maintain budget files.
- Prepare audit schedules as advised by auditors in a timely and accurate manner and assist auditors in clarifying and rectifying matters where needed.
- Provide information requested to prepare IRS Forms 990 and other returns as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the management from time to time.
- Salary based: commensurate with skill set, experience and productivity.
- Benefits as described in the Employee Handbook (subject to change as the need arises).
- Sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.