Nonprofit Center Coordinator
- Degree Level
- Some college
The Nonprofit Center Coordinator is a professional, friendly individual who serves as the public contact and a representative of the Sobrato Center for Nonprofits. The Sobrato Centers provide in-kind office space to 70 Bay Area nonprofits, and serve an average of 150 other nonprofits through their Conference Centers, where nonprofits host meetings, trainings, informal gatherings and retreats, free-of-charge. The position handles inquiries and scheduling for the public meeting rooms, responds to tenant maintenance requests, and supports the capital improvement work of the Sobrato Centers for Nonprofits Redwood Shores. The position is headquartered in Redwood Shores, but works on site at the other Centers in Milpitas and San Jose as needs arise. Attendance at meetings in the Mountain View headquarters is also required.
Key Responsibilities: Property Management:
- Partner with building Property Management team on building maintenance, access, security, and other facility-related issues.
- Conduct daily building and property walk-through inspections (interior & exterior) and follow up with appropriate staff member or vendor.
- Maintain strong relationships and provide excellent customer service to tenants.
- Manage vendors to ensure quality, timely work performed in compliance with service contracts.
- Assist with annual budget and RFP process.
- Assist with the annual capital projects process.
- Assist with SCNP invoice process.
- Coordinate tenant move-in and move-out transitions and maintain vacant units for future viewings.
- Enforce terms and conditions of tenant leases.
- Possible after hours and on-call availability for emergencies.
- Professionally and promptly respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries about the conference facilities. Provide tours of the space.
- Greet all users and their guests in a professional, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Promptly process all room reservations and schedule on master calendar; generate daily and monthly reports regarding usage.
- Obtain and track all required meeting reservation documents.
- Oversee room setup and provide logistical/technical support for projectors, conference phone lines, temperature settings, use of kitchen areas, and access to storage facilities.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures, marketing and collateral materials for the Centers.
- Enforce policies effectively and graciously.
- Ensure that conference rooms, kitchens, shared spaces and storage areas are clean and professional in appearance for users and their guests.
- Ensure that equipment is accessible and well maintained.
Nonprofit Center Community Facilitation:
- Interface with Nonprofit Center tenants and provide relevant news, updates and correspondence through an online collaboration site.
- Help create a dynamic environment for tenants through creative programming and functions.
- Support emergency planning and preparedness for tenants and conference center guests.
Communications and Community Relations
- Support the development and distribution of quarterly newsletter
- Research and manage charitable drives and campaigns
- Assess and improve current printed marketing material and/or create new materials to market the Centers to the general Bay Area nonprofit community.
- Manage event planning for key Sobrato Family Foundation meetings, including logistics related to facilities, catering and AV support. Assistance with communications, meeting materials, speaker confirmations and support, may also be requested
- Utilize strong analytical skills to prepare reports, presentations, and other documents as necessary with meticulous attention to detail.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other Foundation tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, personable nature and professional appearance.
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Work proactively with ability to prioritize responsibilities as needs change.
- Be punctual.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to move light furniture (conference chairs, tables using dolly).
- Independent work style with ability to effectively partner and collaborate with other team members.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use technology effectively. Experience in a MAC environment preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills; attention to detail is essential.
- Can manage interruptions graciously and effectively.
- A strong sense of self-confidence, self-awareness, and a self-starter.
- Keen judgment when facing multi-faceted issues.
- Nonprofit experience and/or property management experience preferred.
- Dedication to the Nonprofit and Philanthropic community and sector.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Full-time, nonexempt position
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Foundation policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
This is a full-time, forty-hour per week position, though additional hours and evenings may be necessary to attend events and functions. Work will include long periods of sitting and standing and driving, so reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license is required. Time will be spent on the phone and sitting in front of a computer. Some lifting up to 15 pounds may be required.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Redwood City
- Facilities / Equipment Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Redwood City