- Experience Level
The Operations Manager is part of the senior management team supporting the programs and operations of the East Atlanta Kids Club and our program site, Brownwood Recreation Center. The job includes facility management, finance and development duties, and other responsibilities that include marketing and community development. Principal duties include:
Office Administration and Facility Management
Responsibilities include general office, facility and kitchen supervision and upkeep. The Operations Manager is one of the most outward-facing members of our staff, interacting throughout the day with community members and program clientele, as well as vendors, partners and potential rental customers. Duties include greeting center visitors, answering the phone, and handling a variety of tasks, including supply ordering, mail opening, document filing, oversight of office and IT equipment, phones, security system, social media management, and coordination with government officials, building maintenance contractors and IT consultants. The Operations Manager is responsible for administrating client rental forms and contracts, tracking clients’ proof of residency and insurance compliance, volunteers' background checks, tracking facility usage and other required documentation, and managing the filing system for our rentals. Duties also include working with community members and groups to coordinate and develop activities at Brownwood Recreation Center, and managing marketing and promotion campaigns related to the BRC.
Bookkeeping and Data Management
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and assist with bookkeeping tasks including the entry of bills and receipts in Quickbooks, bank reconciliation, employee payroll, employee onboarding, and monthly/annual financial reporting as well as invoice preparation related to grants and contracts. Duties also include assisting with recording gift information, issuing donor receipts, creating donor recognition materials, and maintaining other correspondence with EAKC and Brownwood Recreation Center constituents.
Development and Marketing
Development responsibilities include researching grants and writing grant proposals, researching local businesses and identifying potential donor targets, creating donor profile reports, and managing facility rental sales and strategy. Marketing responsibilities include updating the EAKC website and social media sites with new content about our programs, staff and operations, and writing news articles and creating content for local print publications, web and social media sites.
· Other Duties As Needed
Bachelor's Degree, and 3 - 5+ years of related experience
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Excellent Written and Communicational Skills
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to Multi-task
• Ability to work Independently
• Professional Demeanor
• Quickbooks for Nonprofits
• Google Drive, Dropbox, Basic Cloud Computing
• Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat (Writing & Editing)
• Data Management (CRM/Salesforce)
• Twitter, Facebook and social media skills
• Interest in youth and community development, and someone who does not mind working in a recreational setting with children in close proximity for about one-third of the working day.
ATTRIBUTES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
To be effective in this position, one must be comfortable in multi-task mode and interacting with others for much of the time. Having good judgment, problem solving skills, and the ability to think strategically will allow effective decisions to be made which encompass the organization's values. Being diplomatic, accessible, friendly and able to communicate effectively are also key, as well as an ability to stay organized in order to maximize your time, while maintaining multiple priorities. Persistence and follow through will ensure that directions are being followed, and projects are completed.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Customer Service / Retail Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Facilities / Equipment Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta