Associate, Investor Network, Relationship Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
Associate, Investor Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate, Investor Network position plays a key support role for Ceres’ Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability. We are looking for candidates with strong organization skills and understanding of U.S. finance markets. The Ceres Investor Network is specifically looking for someone that will coordinate and organize our recruitment efforts, build systems and processes to support the engagement and retention of investors in the Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability and to track their actions and commitments. This full-time position is based in Boston, MA, and reports to a senior staff member on the Investor Network.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, develop and oversee the Investor Network relationship management system and process, working with and supporting relationship managers to promote member engagement.
- Support relationship managers in tracking investor progress on Ceres’ initiatives and their own sustainable investment practices in collaboration with Ceres Planning and Evaluation Team. Ensure there is consistency and follow through with relationship management.
- Support relationship managers in tracking member engagement, participation and activities in Salesforce.
- Maintain the Investor Network membership application process and support the application and onboarding of new Investor Network members.
- With the Investor Program Assistant and the Senior Program Director, coordinate planning of Investor Network meetings and events and interface with other Ceres’ programs and staff on same.
- Assume a portion of technical and content support duties on the Investor Portal.
- As needed, conduct member surveys and evaluations of Investor Network member experience; solicit and analyze member feedback on member activities, opportunities and services.
- Support relationship management for a subset of Investor Network members.
- Using Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS), coordinate outreach to members by other Ceres’ staff members, including sign-on letters.
- Manage, review and update investor content on Ceres website and Investor portal working closely with other program staff.
- Partner with Finance Team on financial management of member dues.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for specific Investor Network working groups as time permits and needs require (for example, CA100+, LC/CE working group, etc.).
- Three years of relevant administrative, research, data input and analysis, and project management experience.
- Previous work experience is required, preferably direct experience working in corporate or investment sectors with a business audience. Experience in nonprofit sectors working on sustainability-related issues, including sustainable agriculture preferred.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv program, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed on our webpage.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.