Chief Financial Officer
- Experience Level
Chief Financial Officer
In support of its organizational growth and development, Faith in Action is seeking a Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for the internal business operations, including financial processes, budget development, planning and analysis, risk management, and systems and processes.
Reporting to the Executive Director, he or she will be a hands-on, participative, strategic and operational thought-partner working closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee. Further, the Director will serve as the principal liaison to the Board of Directors to support the growth and strategic and programmatic goals with strong financial and operational systems.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with finance and operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a growing, mission-driven organization with international activities, programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the continuous evaluation and implementation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives and develop financial strategies and operations for the organization and its international programs and meetings;
- Oversee the maintenance of and optimize an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures, ensuring operation within generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP) and in accordance with all federal, state/provincial and local legal, fiscal and other financial reporting requirements for the United States as well as other countries that the organization does business in;
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, lead the budgeting process including forecasts, variance reporting, cash flow needs, and investment strategy impacts, and identifies areas requiring attention and areas of possible improvement;
- Oversee cash, cash flow planning, investment and asset management, ensuring availability of funds as needed (including foreign currencies and appropriate cash flow planning for International programs);
- Work directly with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to effectively develop, present financial reports (including dashboards), analysis and strategies to the leadership and management team;
- Coordinate and lead the annual year-end financial reporting and management review/audit process; serve as principal liaison with external auditors and the Finance Committee; assess any changes necessary;
- In close cooperation with the Director of Meetings; recommend, implement and oversee the respective financial and legal set up for the international meetings, including all financial processes, cash flow management, foreign currency management, financial/legal risk management and adherence to applicable local and international laws and regulations;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Board of Director members to identify their needs and seek solutions; provide advice on the financial implications of various activities;
- Serve as the liaison between the organization's auditor, payroll vendor, bank, legal advisors and other professional partners;
- Participate on various internal project teams and represent the organization on committees, boards, and working groups as necessary and appropriate;
- Provide leadership to the finance and accounting team, including managing, coaching, and development of staff;
- Manage vital relationships with individuals such as auditors, state agencies, and industry-based experts;
- Performs other duties and projects as may be designated by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or associated disciplines; MBA/CPA preferred; a minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in managing finances and business operations with progressively increasing responsibility (including experience with contracts and grants), preferably including specific experience in the nonprofit sector;
- Legal, audit, compliance, business planning, resource development, and strategic evaluation experience;
- Hands-on experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices requiring cross-functional work;
- Proficient with Intacct, Nexonia (and/or other financial management software), MS Excel (advanced proficiency), Word and PowerPoint; thorough understanding of database systems;
- Negotiation and financial management skills, including budgeting;
- Experience leading/managing people;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of association management software systems a plus.
Physical Demands (must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job):
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, the ability communicate effectively to large groups of people, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
- Requires the ability to travel regionally and periodically nationally, on behalf of Faith in Action.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format);
- A cover letter (stating why you would be the ideal person for this position);
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.