- Experience Level
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Email Associate will be chiefly responsible for coding the organization’s 300+ bulk marketing emails it sends annually, focused on executing the strategy and needs of email audience owners across the organization. As a part of the Integrated Brand Team, and reporting to the Email Manager, the Email Associate will coordinate the process for the email program, ensuring emails and some corresponding landing pages are coded following best practices for client delivery, quality assurance, building target and suppression audiences, and reporting on the results after the send. The ideal candidate will take prior experience working in an email-focused position and apply it to create efficiencies and continuously improve results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coding emails and following email processes to ensure timely delivery to our audience’s inbox, using the Luminate Online eCRM.
- Point person for email client compatibility and quality assurance using tools like ReturnPath, Email on Acid, and Luminate Online.
- Collect email results reports proposing conclusions from those reports in coordination with the Email Manager.
- Ensure positive and professional day-to-day interaction with email business clients and email approval stakeholders across the organization.
- Responsible for the organization’s email calendar and understanding the implications of audience and send dates related to that calendar.
- First responder and technical contact for email questions in Luminate Online.
- Update email documentation, “look books” highlighting all previous emails, and trains staff on email process.
- Support production and quality assurance of donation pages, action alerts, and surveys using Luminate Online with assistance of Email Manager and Web Development team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Proven experience developing bulk marketing emails, preferably for an agency or nonprofit.
- Demonstrated understanding of email development in an eCRM tool, with experience working in Luminate Online a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with email coding, including HTML, CSS, and coding emails for deliverability and email client compatibility.
- Highly organized with a high attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects in a deadline-driven and service-focused environment.
- Strong collaborator with an ability to maintain strong professional relationships in person and by writing/phone.
- Excellent problem-solving and implementation skills, with a curiosity to learn and grow.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.