Mortgage Services Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Mortgage Services Coordinator
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. Our service area includes the city of Atlanta and the cities and neighborhoods of South Fulton. Atlanta Habitat is seeking a Mortgage Services Coordinator to support our mission.
Position Summary: The Mortgage Services Coordinator supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by ensuring that homeowner accounts and property records are maintained accurately and in accordance with established policies.
The Mortgage Services Coordinator is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all escrow disbursements are accurate and made in a timely manner.
- Managing the accuracy of information in the Habitrak database.
- Notifying Atlanta Habitat homeowners about the benefits and process for obtaining property tax age and homestead exemptions, as well as the process for appealing property tax valuations where they appear unreasonably high versus comparable properties.
- Filing appropriate payment information to credit reporting agencies for the homeowners.
- Maintaining property insurance coverage for all homeowners and renters.
- Analyzing property tax valuations and solid fee assessments and completing tax returns and appeals, as appropriate, to attempt to reduce all tax valuations and fee bills that are significantly above comparable amounts for all property owned by Atlanta Habitat.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Minimum of three years accounting or finance experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Requires excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
- Experience with Sage Accounting or a similar accounting software program is preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to interact with diverse groups of homeowners, volunteers and staff.
This position is classified full-time exempt. Some evening and weekend work is required. Frequent driving around the City of Atlanta and South Fulton County is required - candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid drivers’ license. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, July 5, 2019, or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.