Deputy Director Of Operations and Project Management
- Experience Level
Purpose of Job
At the Atlanta Homeless Continuum of Care (Continuum), your challenge will be to ensure we create a homeless crisis response system that delivers outcomes and measures that can be scaled. Our team’s mission is to lead a coordinated community effort and to layer and leverage the resources and relationships to end homelessness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Mayor’s Office of Human Services and the Executive Director of Partners for H.O.M.E., you will work in close partnership with the PFH staff, Continuum partners, the City of Atlanta Staff/Departments, US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other key stakeholders to oversee and execute the vertical lines of work in the CoC’s annual strategic system transformation work plan.
- You will lead weekly project management team meetings and weekly individual meetings with all project management leads.
- You will oversee a team of management staff and ensure multiple vertical lines of work are being executed, and on track.
- You will develop and lead several joint initiatives with the Office of Human Servcies including: alignment and coordination of Entitlement funded agencies to the CoC priorities and HUD policy, and performance requirements; HOPWA Coordinated Entry Sytem that aligns and/or integrates with the CoC CES; assist with leading strategy on HOPWA modernization
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the HUD Interim Rule and working knowledge of funding public streams for service and housing sources through the CoC, other City grants (ESG, CDBG, HOME, HOPWA), GHVP, Re-entry Transitional, VASH, DBHDD etc.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and supervisory/management. Strong understanding of community capacity building.
- Superb organizational skills, with the proven ability to create and implement efficient development systems, plan strategically, allocate work, set and manage objectives, analyze and mitigate risk, and create and manage projects.
- Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented environment, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Professional, precise, and persuasive writing and editing skills.
- High energy and a passion for the CoC’s mission are essential.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to perceive and understand people’s motivations.
- Highly industrious with a strong work ethic; sense of urgency/impatience for action.
- Integrity and humility that encourages and inspires constituents; strong sense of judgment.
- Seeks out constructive criticism and growth.
- We have an ambitious and spirited culture that is passionate about ending homelessness. We strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions with one another.
- Thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner.
Minimum Education Requirements
- At last a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- At least five years of experience in management and/or creating results/outcome oriented programming.
Partners for HOME provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.