Senior Case Manager II, (Full-Time), Plaza Apartments
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION: Senior Case Manager II, (Full-Time), Plaza Apartments
SALARY: $24.60 per hour ($51,169.97) if waivered/licensed with excellent benefits
Licensure supervision hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Ph.D., Psy.D. are available.
Waivered: Accruing licensure hours as a Registered AMFT, ASW, APCC with California Board of Behavioral Sciences or as a Registered Psychologist with California Board of Psychology
REPORTS TO: Program Director III
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM: Conard House, Inc. is a nonprofit organization empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with the Supportive Housing Program, a program providing housing, case management and income advocacy at nine SRO hotels in Tenderloin, South of Market, and the Cooperative Apartment Program with apartments located throughout San Francisco. The Plaza Apartments is a 106-unit studio apartment building owned by Plaza Apartments Limited Partnership. Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) is the Managing General Partner. Conard House is the lead service provider. The Plaza is a Direct Access to Housing (DAH) (Department of Public Health-DPH) building.
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensure as LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psy.D., or Ph.D. or waivered status ASW, AMFT, Psy.D., Ph.D. required (licensure supervision hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC, and Psychologists are available). Ability to document services rendered according to Medi-Cal guideline required. Working knowledge of psychiatric medications, psychological terminology, and use of DSM strongly preferred. Knowledge of mental health and social services in San Francisco and experience with Medi-Cal billing and AVATAR database preferred. Effective advocacy, organizational and communication skills, and ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives are essential. Ability to travel to meetings off-site required. Ability to go up and down stairs required. Successfully complete background check.
DUTIES: In addition to Case Management duties, the Senior Case Manager has the following duties.
- Assist Program Director to monitor and maintain Medi-Cal documentation and billing.
- Provide mental health services, case management brokerage, and crisis intervention to residents and document services
- Rendered in AVATAR database according to agency and Medi-Cal guidelines. Train staff, when required, in case management duties, including Medi-Cal documentation and billing.
- Assist Program Director in assuring the quality of case management and money management services for residents.
- Provide supervision to staff when the Program Director designates.
- Must successfully meet monthly billing target of 55 hours.
- Assist Program Director in implementing policies and procedures in meeting program objectives.
- Provide resources to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Assess client's need for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement service plans. Coordinate service plans with other external service providers.
- Assist clients with daily living skills.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing and maintaining entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues. Ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Conduct groups and activities oriented toward stabilized living. Promote a community environment for residents to interact and socialize, incorporating community building techniques.
- Maintain support and strongly encourage an independent living environment in which residents can support each other.
- Intervene in crisis situations according to procedures. Notify and consult with supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of statistical reports for program location.
- Supervise staff and manage program in Program Director’s absence.
- Act as on-site director with other collaborative agencies in the Program Director’s absence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Conard House, Inc. is a committed equal opportunity employer. People with diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. Please send resumes and letter of intent to Louise Foo, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (415)-864-7093