Health & Safety Instructor
- Experience Level
BANANAS Inc. is searching for an experienced Health and Safety Instructor. This position will be responsible for coordinating and teaching CPR & First Aid classes to parents and child care providers, as well as Preventive Health Practices for child care providers. The position may expand to include nutrition, emergency preparedness, and for teen babysitting classes.
About BANANAS Inc.
BANANAS is a nonprofit child care resource and referral agency. We consider ourselves experts in the field of early care and education, and our wide variety of services support child care providers and families in raising early learners. We offer workshops, playgroups, coaching, and support groups for parents and caregivers, and help connect families with all types of child care options from babysitter and nannies to preschools and family child care centers. We support our most vulnerable families with $13m in child care subsidies annually. BANANAS is a great place to work with colleagues who care about their clients and each other.
Instruct First Aid & CPR, and Preventive Health classes to BANANAS clients. Collaborate with program team to expand Health & Safety classes for delivery for other agencies off-site.
- Teach CPR & First Aid and Preventive Health classes to parents and child care providers in own language(s) and secure trainers for classes in other languages. Classes are conducted on the weekends from 8:30- 5 pm, 3-4 times a month and currently scheduled 6 months in advance.
- Responsible for classroom preparation, set up and follow up.
- Maintains records with mandated agencies and at BANANAS.
- Attending staff meetings.
- Collaborate with program management to develop additional health and safety classes on and off-site.
- Remain current with law and requirements from state certification agencies.
- Current certification as an instructor in CPR & First Aid; current Preventative Health certification or ability to attend a Training of Trainers held in the state. Additional training will be provided
- Ability to use audio-visual technology
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- requires working some weekend and evening training.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and Google Suite
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance; travel may be required for this position
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.