Global Communications and Brand Manager
- Experience Level
What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself. Remember the way your heart exploded when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we help women living in extreme poverty feel that feeling by turning their spark into a fire of purpose. SBS is an award-winning non-profit, igniting the impact of other organizations by equipping them with our one-of-a-kind entrepreneurial training, for women of all ages, proven to triple their income and lift their families out of poverty with dignity.
And it all starts with a spark. Our program is currently in the process of a global expansion with a goal of reaching 1 million women by 2027.
Who you are:
Do you see problems as challenges and enjoy being resourceful in solving them? Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? If you have great communications skills of every type (and aren’t afraid to use them), if you have a great sense of humor and a mature work style, and if you want to change the world then SBS is looking for you. As our Global Communications and Brand Manager you will put all of your writing, branding, and digital passion to good use by leading our communications strategy. You will build our global brand, strategize, write, design and implement email and social campaigns, be a catalyst for recruiting nonprofits to go through our world class training and bring SBS to their communities, and work with our Philanthropy team to reach current and potential donors off and online.
What we’ll do for you:
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting the world.
- You’ll have cool and meaningful work that will advance your skills.
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School your work will directly enable 1 million women to lift their families out of poverty.
- You will have some flexibility to work remotely, including our all-remote days every Friday.
- You may even get a chance to go to Uganda to see our programs in action.
- You’ll have full coverage benefits including health, dental, vision and life.
- You’ll have great time off benefits, including a paid, organization-wide closure over the holidays.
- You’ll receive an employer match when you contribute to the company sponsored Simple IRA.
What you’ll do for us:
The Global Communications and Brand Manager is a critical role in our organization because s/he will be the spark for developing and implementing an integrated strategic communications plan and tactics to advance the SBS brand identity globally, increase revenue from both sales and philanthropy activities, and increase visibility all around the cosmos.
Own Overall Brand Presence:
- Strengthen cohesiveness of brand strategy and convey and uphold brand standards across all print and digital pieces. You will be the gatekeeper for the SBS brand!
- Create content and design collateral to ensure a cohesive and world-class look and feel in messaging.
- Create social media content that is creative, strategic, and timely. Content should be targeted to a variety of niche audiences including but not limited to US-based philanthropists and the Executive Directors and field staff of non-profit organizations based in the global south.
- Manage paid social media, including hyper-targeted posting, reviewing performance and retargeting as needed.
- Oversee photography and video production, editing, selecting and posting. Ensure photographs and videos are organized and catalogued in a manner accessible to all staff.
- Ensure and expand SBS presence and branding at conferences and events.
- Coordinate with the BeadforLife Executive Director to source content coming from the team in Uganda.
Drive Revenue through Enrollment of Partner Organizations:
- Create multiple strategies in many channels to promote the Street Business School Immersion Workshops to qualified candidate organizations throughout Africa and globally.
- Create outreach strategies and campaigns to bring in new organizations to attend Immersion Workshops each year.
- Support thought leadership and increased visibility to build in-bound marketing strategy.
- Create digital marketing strategies to build audiences of qualified applicants who meet the demographic profile of our Global Catalyst Partners.
- Collaborate with the entire team to leverage cross-department opportunities that hit multiple goals (driving applications, thought leadership, visibility, fundraising).
Create Collateral and Campaigns for SBS Teams:
- Work closely with the Philanthropy team to support key fundraising activities with a goal of raising about $300k annually from digitally-supported campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy team to create and deploy world-class annual campaigns, social media outreach, a quarterly Impact Report, and more.
- Develop new campaigns, messages, and strategies to drive revenue, including deploying innovative social media ideas and communications campaigns (International Women’s Day).
- Provide brand guidance and/or help develop materials and collateral needed by the program team.
- Provide Communications support including website updates, marketing calendar, messaging social media presence, monthly communications campaigns, newsletter, etc. to raise the organization’s visibility.
- Respond to social media inquiries and connections and/or route to the appropriate team for response.
- Develop advocacy toolkits for volunteers and Board.
- Manage Marketing and Communications budget
- Manage vendors
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with Directors team
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to do this job:
- Experience in professional communications for at least five years, with growing level of responsibility and tangible positive results.
- Demonstrated competence in social media including content disbursement, international ad targeting, and analytics of all platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to engage diverse audiences including those in rural areas outside the US where English is not the first language.
- Unstoppable passion for staying current on new trends and using them to amplify SBS’ mission.
- Crazy excellent planning, strategy, design and writing skills with extensive experience creating content in a variety of formats for multiple audiences.
- Ability to set and meet tight deadlines (without your supervisor micromanaging you) as well as the ability to prioritize and continuously communicate priorities to stakeholders from a variety of departments.
- Knowledge of and strategic use of design, video, photography, music, story-telling
- Practical technology skills to include Wordpress, SalesForce, Outlook, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Background in supporting fundraising outreach is helpful.
- Background in nonprofit or women’s empowerment program is helpful.
- A personal interest and commitment to SBS’ mission.
This is a full-time position with a beginning salary range of $50-55k annually depending on experience. Benefits are great including health care, dental and vision benefits, participation in a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, including an organization-wide holiday closure.
Please shoot us an email letting us know where you heard about us and how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your resume and portfolio of work (to show us how we’d be crazy not to talk to you) to jobs@StreetBusinessSchool.org with “Global Communications and Brand Manager” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.