Case Manager I (CM I) or Case Manager II (CM II)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Case Manager I (CM I) – Non-licensed or Non-waivered – Full-time or
Case Manager II (CM II) – Waivered or Licensed – Full-time (Paid Licensure Hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC or Psychology are available)
CM I : $20.84 per hour/ $43,348.87 annualized with excellent benefits
CM II: $22.78 per hour/$47,374.86 annualized with excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Program Director I or II
THE ORGANIZATION: Conard House, Inc. is a nonprofit organization empowering people who live and work on the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency by respecting experience, promoting inclusion and building community. The position is with the Supportive Housing and Outpatient Services Program, which provides mental health services, housing, case management, and income advocacy at nine SRO hotels and an array of apartments throughout San Francisco. We are a committed equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with conviction records. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit with SEIU Local 1021.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA or equivalent years of experience and two years of experience providing direct services including work with individuals who also experience mental health, substance use, and physical health conditions. Licensure hours for LCSW, MFT, LPCC or Psychology are available. Applicants must have a working knowledge of psychiatric medications, psychological terminology, and mental health and social services in San Francisco. Effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills are essential. The ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives is required. Applicants must have the ability to document using electronic database according to Medi-Cal guidelines. Experience with Medi-Cal billing and AVATAR database preferred. Must successfully complete a background check and reference verification. Ability to travel to meetings off-site required. However, personal vehicle is not required. Bilingual in Spanish required.
- Provide mental health services to clients and document services in AVATAR according to Conard House and Medi-Cal guidelines.
- Meet monthly billing target.
- Provide resources to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Admit and orient new clients to the program.
- Assess client's need for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate Plans of Care with other services being provided to the client.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues. Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Conduct groups and activities oriented toward stabilized living. Facilitate interaction among clients and involvement in the social program.
- Maintain a supportive, independent living environment.
- Facilitate community building within the hotel and assist clients in utilizing hotel community resources.
- Intervene in crisis situations according to procedures.
- Assist clients with daily living skills.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from program.
Application Procedure: Please send resume and letter of intent with “Case Manager” in subject heading to Ralitsa Georgieva, Associate Clinical Director, via email: SHCMjobs@conard.org. People from diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply.